We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metrocard help please

Aberystwyth, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Metrocard help please

Hello,

just wondering if I'll be able to refill the Metrocard with small amounts like $1 or $4, or is there a minimum of $5 (like for buying a new card)?

Another question, does the "four persons with one pay-per-ride card" apply for AirTrain JFK, too?

Thank you for helping.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,298 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Metrocard help please

Yes and Yes. --but why would you be putting such a small amount on?

Aberystwyth, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Metrocard help please

Thank you!

It's just for the last subway ride to the airport (in the morning), I'll be using 7-day unlimited on the previous days.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Metrocard help please

I do believe, however, that you can buy single fares... like, not added to your MetroCard, but rather a "paper MetroCard" that you can only use once. (you have to buy it at the vending machine, and use the fare within two hours.)

Aberystwyth, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Metrocard help please

That is true, but they are $2.75 (as opposed to $2.50 on a Metrocard) and not good for transfers.

5. Re: Metrocard help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 04:18