We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Figuring out the bus to Boston

Level Contributor
344 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Figuring out the bus to Boston

My wife and I (with 2 medium suitcases) have to leave from Manhattan on 20th Apr after 7pm for Boston (specifically Allston).

We need to return to Hampton Inn JFK, Jamaica on 22nd night (anytime) to catch a morning flight out of JFK at 9.30am

I would request some info on the buses plying this route and what would be the most convenient stop for us on the return?

I believe the main bus station in NY is the Port Authority and South Station in Boston.

Are these my best bets?

Looking forward to your suggestions

Mentioned in this post
New York
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
140 Reviews
from US$175.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,012 Reviews
from US$83.99*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,127 Reviews
from US$57.00*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,394 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,531 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Figuring out the bus to Boston

From Alston MA you have to get to south station. See www.mbta.com for bus / subway directions. Then take greyhound/bolt/ etc to New York city. Then you will need to get from Manhattan to the JFK airport using any of the methods described in the airport transfer frequent question listed in the right if you are not on a tablet. From the airport to the Hampton Inn their website says they have a free shuttle : "Welcome to the award-winning Hampton Inn NY-JFK hotel, located only five minutes from John F. Kennedy International Airport via free shuttle. "

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
28,934 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Figuring out the bus to Boston

If your staying in the Allston area around Commonwealth Ave take the Green Line B trolley to Park St then go downstairs and catch the Red Line Southbound to South Station and its about a 5 minute walk to the bus terminal..

Edited: 16 March 2014, 22:46
13. Re: Figuring out the bus to Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 05:17