We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to NYC with toddler and baby

seattle
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Flying to NYC with toddler and baby

Hello! Do you have any suggestions on how- to get from (or pick best airport) airport to NYC with a toddler and a baby? What do people do about the car seat situation?

Thanks in advance!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,769 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying to NYC with toddler and baby

I take the train. How many adults will you have, and how much luggage? Will you be buying seats on the plane for either of the kids?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,909 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying to NYC with toddler and baby

Or get a car service that provides child safety seats. LGA is the nearest to Manhattan. For information on transportation, and car service options, for children:

www.citykiddy.com

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,073 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying to NYC with toddler and baby

You can try to contact the car services-cabs typically do not have car seats. Here is a list of popular car services-

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23339-Popular_…

Good luck & enjoy

Edited: 18 March 2014, 01:26
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,351 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying to NYC with toddler and baby

Just to clarify a bit... child car seats are not legally required in taxis and car services, but the risk is just as great (possibly greater) as they are when you're driving around in your home town. Many parents do not want to risk transporting their small children without car seat security.

Some travelers bring their own car seats. Some car services allow you to pre-reserve a car equipped with car seats. Taking a taxi without a car seat is also a legal option, but a controversial one. As one forum regular states (wish I could remember who) "the laws of physics still apply"

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,769 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying to NYC with toddler and baby

It's me, I'm the physics lady. :)

6. Re: Flying to NYC with toddler and baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 06:17