We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Remember The Alamo

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
Save Topic
Remember The Alamo

In the early 90s, my wife and I learned that she/we were expecting child. We celebrated by traveling from Chicago to NYC. We had a wonderful weekend which included a meal at a restaurant by the name of "The Alamo" in Manhattan. We have a trip planned over Christmas (12/22-12/26) and I was curious if this place still exists. My wife is Mexican and grew up in her parents restaurant(in Texas) She thought that this was some of the best mexican food she had ever had. Does anyone know if this place still exists. If so, i would love to surprise her with a visit!

Thanks

Chipper

DM
washington DC
Level Contributor
709 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Remember The Alamo

Go to www.menupages.com and check it out. You may find others to choose from!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Remember The Alamo

Maybe this is it?

http://www.thealamorestaurant.com/

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
742 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Remember The Alamo

Could this be it?

www.thealamorestaurant.com

Please post back. I might like to try it. Love Mexican food!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
419 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Remember The Alamo

I believe you are referring to the Alamo on East 48th St? It is located next to a Hertz rental garage if that helps jar your memory. If so then yes I did find the food there to be very good, the atmosphere lively with Mariachi players and the drinks strong. Always had a good time there.

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,812 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Remember The Alamo

If it's the place I'm thinking of, it's on 48th just east of 2nd Avenue, generally gets good reviews and is considered a festive place over the holidays.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Remember The Alamo

By the way, if you want very detailed responses about particular restaurants, try the message boards on Chowhound:

http://www.chowhound.com/

They are food maniacs!

Click on "Boards" and then select Manhattan in NYC metro area.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Remember The Alamo

Yes I believe that's the same place! Thanks for all of the help.

Scott

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,434 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Remember The Alamo

According to the websites posted above that is the same rest. but it closed for a while and has reopened.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Remember The Alamo

NYWhiz

Yeah, I saw that. I'm sure the interior has changed after re-opening but it does look familiar. I remember the margarita being one of the best I've had. My wife was pregnant and didn't get to have one. She should enjoy it more this time around.

Scott

10. Re: Remember The Alamo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 07:17