We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekly accommodation rental new york

Sarasota, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
Weekly accommodation rental new york

I wish to rental a three bedroom house/condo from around 22 DEc 2014 to 28 Dec 2014 for my wife and i and our two daughters.

I am aware of the legal problems of renting a short term apartment in NYC so I do not want to go there.

NYC baby!
Level Contributor
379 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekly accommodation rental new york

what do you mean "you don't want to go there?"

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekly accommodation rental new york

Just to understand, you are well aware that it is illegal and many apartment rentals are outright scams.

You'd simply like us to help you facilitate breaking the law and illegally renting an apartment? Is that right?

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,443 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekly accommodation rental new york

Your two daughters cannot share a bedroom?

The Marmara Manhattan is an apartment style hotel with some 3 bedroom suites. Or you could get separate suites in the same hotel if your daughters are old enough.

If the daughters can "rough it" and share a bedroom, you'll have a number of additional options.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,623 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekly accommodation rental new york

If you don't want to rent an illegal apartment then you need an apartment style hotel. How many beds do you need? Can your daughters share a double? What is your nightly budget in US dollars before adding tax of approx 15% ?

5. Re: Weekly accommodation rental new york

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 00:05
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,170 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekly accommodation rental new york

I don't understand. Renting an apartment for under 30 days in almost all cases are illegal. Condos, townhomes, it doesn't matter.

The hotel experts can point you to apartment style hotels. Although I'm not sure there are any with 3 bdrms.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weekly accommodation rental new york

Did OP mean that he didn't "want to go there" as in the OP doesn't want to go to NYC but is looking for a rental in a community outside of NYC from which the OP can commute in and in which rentals are legal?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,386 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weekly accommodation rental new york

The only legal place in Manhattan with 3 bedroom suites is the Marmara, mentioned above. If you're looking for alternatives that fall outside the legal guidelines, there may be options in nearby New Jersey but I don't know of any.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,386 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weekly accommodation rental new york

PS there are a number of legal suite hotels with 2 bedroom suites where the second bedroom could have 2 beds. Best western Hospitality is one such.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,443 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weekly accommodation rental new york

The "I don't want to go there" can be interpreted as "I don't want to get involved in an illegal rental".

Roy, if that's what you meant, just say so and you'll get additional helpful responses. We've had a number of bad exchanges lately with people who want to ignore the law, so it strikes a nerve on the forum.

If you want to explore other options that are not three bedroom suites, providing your max nightly budget and exact dates would be helpful. Exact dates are important because prices fluctuate.