We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel should we choose in Manhattan?

Winnipeg, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Which hotel should we choose in Manhattan?

I am taking my husband on a surprise trip to New York in July for his 40th birthday!

I am looking at hotels and having a hard time choosing between the Element, The Jewel and the Eventi. We want to stay in a central location so we can walk most places. I also want a hotel that is comfortable, modern and romantic but also won't break the bank.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks so much!!

Level Contributor
82 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel should we choose in Manhattan?

What is your budget per night and how many days do you plan to stay for?

Edited: 18 March 2014, 16:20
Winnipeg, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel should we choose in Manhattan?

We plan to stay for 4 nights around the July 4th weekend.

Our budget is around $250/night (but somewhat flexible)

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,824 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel should we choose in Manhattan?

I haven't stayed at those but I will say I've done a lot of reading on the Element for an upcoming stay. While it certainly is modern (almost too much so for me), the recurring complaints (on many forums, not just TA) is that the elevators are a bear and the refrigerators (which are in the rooms) rumble all night long. Two dealbreakers for me.

Winnipeg, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel should we choose in Manhattan?

Thanks! Good point about the fridges.

That narrows it down to two!

5. Re: Which hotel should we choose in Manhattan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 05:18