We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel rooms - apartment style for 2 (w Kitchenet)

Shellharbour
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Hotel rooms - apartment style for 2 (w Kitchenet)

Hi

Looking at a stay in NY over thanksgiving (25-30th). Just my sister and I.

Wanting a hotel with a kitchenet if possible. (Microwave, fridge etc).

Have found the Salsbury - is this good? Reviews seem good and good location. Is there anything else similar to this? In a similar location.

Can probably afford up to $2000/5 nights so around $400/night.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,492 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel rooms - apartment style for 2 (w Kitchenet)

I have stayed at The Affinia Manhattan and enjoyed my stay. They have apartment style rooms with stove tops, fridge and microwave. I just stayed in a smaller room and it only had a fridge and microwave but it was sufficient for our needs.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,972 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel rooms - apartment style for 2 (w Kitchenet)

There are loads of options and you shouldn't have to pay that much but it will depend on your dates. Beginning of Dec. becomes very expensive. Salisbury is fine...a good budget place that's clean but outdated.

Radiocityapartments.com

Is in that area, also a budget option that's somewhat outdated looking.

Blakelyhotelny.com

Is a bit nicer in that area. There are loads of hotels now with fridge and microwave. The new Residence Inn Central Park is very nice. The Tryp, Staybridge Suites, Hyatt Place and the Element are some other newer, more modern options a bit further south.

Montréal
Level Contributor
101 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel rooms - apartment style for 2 (w Kitchenet)

Try the Staybridge (studio + breakfast) or the Candlewood (appartment style).

Both are very well located near Times Square and the Hells Kitchen.

Book directly through the IHG site for the best price guarantee.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel rooms - apartment style for 2 (w Kitchenet)

We stayed at the Gansevoort Park Hotel, in a "Gansevoort Loft Suite" - it had a kitchenette - cooktop, microwave, sink, cutlery/crockery. Highly recommend it!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,272 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel rooms - apartment style for 2 (w Kitchenet)

My parents and uncle always stay at the Beacon where they have rooms with kitchenettes and I see they have availability for just under your $2000 marker.

Shellharbour
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel rooms - apartment style for 2 (w Kitchenet)

Thanks heaps guys! Will research off all these. Would be awesome to get cheaper if we can but extended the budget seeings it is thanksgiving and we thought it would be more expensive.

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
370 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel rooms - apartment style for 2 (w Kitchenet)

We loved the Salisbury, have stayed there twice now. The hotel is a perfect base for seeing everything in NYC. It's awesome that it is not right in the hustle and bustle of Times Square but it's close enough to walk to shows and feel safe doing so. It’s very close to Central Park and having the subway at the end of each block meant that everywhere in the city is within easy access.

Rooms were clean and well maintained. Bathrooms are reasonably small and a little dated but you expect that in an older hotel. Rooms are BIG and the closet space is a gem when you shop as much as we did!

Staff are not overly friendly but were all polite and got the job done. Fee to use WiFi gets expensive after a week or so but the rate we paid for the room was quite reasonable so we were not too concerned about the internet expense.

8. Re: Hotel rooms - apartment style for 2 (w Kitchenet)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 06:24