My hubby and I will be honeymooning in NYC in a couple of weeks time and I'd like to dedicate a day and night to see some of the highlights of Brooklyn. We're staying at the new Hilton Garden Inn on W 54th St. Weather permitting, I'm aiming to do our "Brooklyn day" on a Saturday when the streets will be lively and also when the Fort Greene flea market is on.
I've compiled a list of things we're interested in below. I'm at the stage where I now need some advice around the logical way to order the day and transport to/from these areas or attractions. Is this too ambitious? etc.
Any comments welcome. TIA.
- Walk over Brooklyn Bridge
- Look around DUMBO (should we focus on any where in particular or is this area quite small?)
- Jane's Carousel
- Main Street Park (?)
- Washington Street (is this worthwhile taking a walk down?)
- The Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory
- Grimaldi's Pizzeria (optional - probably just walk past, as anticipate this will be mid morning)
- Brooklyn Heights promenade
- Montague Street (is this a good street to walk down?)
- Atlantic Avenue
- Smith Street / Court Street
- Third Ave (how far down Third Ave is recommended?)
- Park Slope (any streets in particular we should walk down?)
- Prospect Park
- Fort Greene Flea Market
LATE AFTERNOON / EVENING
Head to Williamsburg
- Bedford Ave
- Brooklyn Brewery Tour / visit (optional if have time)
- Dinner @ Fette Sau