We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car service from Newark airport to Times Square

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Car service from Newark airport to Times Square

We have decided to get a car from Newark to our hotel on west 46th st Times Square. Our flight arrives at 2pm on a Saturday. I have read through all FAQ and previous questions asked but still have a few questions.

1. Could anyone tell me who has used Dial 7 or carmellimo recently how much in total it cost them from EWR to TS including tolls, taxes & tips? I am being quoted $48 on dial7 and $46 on carmellimo basic fare but would like to have a better idea of total cost.

2. Which car service is best to use> Are there any others recommended?

3. Does it cost the same for the reverse journey going back to the airport?

4. If our return flight is at 9.20pm what time should we be booking the car for on a Thursday night?

Thanks in advance :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Car service from Newark airport to Times Square

.. waiting time is only charged if you opt for the *Meet and Greet* option.. that's when they wait for you INSIDE the terminal.. with your name on a sign.. it's also pricier;-) As stated, you are NOT charged anything additional for a standard pick up where you call them when done with formalities;-) Got it?;-) Enjoyin'!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Car service from Newark airport to Times Square

Great thanks for your help. I have just booked Dial 7 and found a $5 off discount too :)

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Car service from Newark airport to Times Square

Just looking at the return price back to airport and it is $9 basic fare more expensive than the basic fare from the airport. Anyone know why this is?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Car service from Newark airport to Times Square

just spotted they charge a rush hour extra fee of $5 between 2pm and 7pm so that explains some of the difference.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,920 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Car service from Newark airport to Times Square

You should alert them you plan to use a discount coupon. When you don't drivers may not want to accept it.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Car service from Newark airport to Times Square

It shows the discount on my booking confirmation sheet and the reduced rate - do you think I should still contact them?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Car service from Newark airport to Times Square

.. if you have it in writing, don't see a reason to call;-) Just make sure you carry that confirmation showing the rate with you to show driver.. if asked;-) Enjoyin'!

18. Re: Car service from Newark airport to Times Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 04:16