We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

2 posts
Save Topic
weather

Hi arriving thursday 27 For a short break.so unsure about what kind of clothing to bring.can someone please advise . Great forum loads of useful info.

1. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 March 2014, 11:35
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
7,000 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

You should keep your eye on the NYC weather forecast, because it can and does change from day to day.

Right now it says that things will start warming up on Thursday the 27th - up to 44 degrees that day, and then getting up into the upper 50s starting on Friday and through until Monday at least.

But that could change, so keep looking at the forecast! :)

Mentioned in this post
Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

Ooh, warming up sounds good, hopefully next week will be better😊

been watching forecast daily, it's not helping packing when it says that it is from -5 up to 22 degrees Celsius! Seems I need a hat and gloves and tshirts too!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
7,000 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

Rachel, you're seeing a high of 22 degrees? That's 72 F...I wish!

The 10-day forecast I'm looking at shows that, between Friday, March 28th and Wednesday, April 2nd, the highs will be 52-61 degrees (11-16 C) and the lows 37-49 degrees (3-9 C).

But keep an eye on the forecast, because it often changes!

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

Perhaps this isn't the most accurate site but this is what J am seeing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5128581/extended

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/10022

Take a look closer to your trip.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,847 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather

Why was my post removed? I was just sobbing about how it's 22 degrees out, FAHRENHEIT, and going to snow tomorrow.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
7,000 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather

^^ I didn't see your post, but it does sound very odd that it was removed!

You will be getting here just after the last winter wallop - we hope!!! It's freezing today - was 22 F this morning, only getting up to 32 F - and tomorrow into Wednesday it's supposed to snow. But Thursday is a transition day, and after that it's showing at least the next 5 days as being mild.

Rachel, don't look at that BBC site - I don't know where those numbers are coming from. I've looked at 3 different US websites and all are forecasting temperatures in line with weather.com (ter's link in post #6).

Enjoy your trips, Rachel and Pepper!

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather

Thanks! I will keep an eye on the site you mentioned. A week to go 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Mohali, India
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: weather

As the weather changes so there is no need for extra woolen cloths. You can bring some light jackets with yourself.