We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9/11 Memorial Museum to open on May 21, 2014

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
7,812 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
9/11 Memorial Museum to open on May 21, 2014

9/11 Memorial Museum will open on May 21, 2014.

The museum will charge a $24 fee for most visitors when it opens to help cover the cost of the annual $63 million operating budget.

amny.com/news/9-11-memorial-museum-to-open-i…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 9/11 Memorial Museum to open on May 21, 2014

Do we know if this means the Memorial will be free to enter with no passes at this time as well?

Shawn

http://nytourguy.blogspot.com/

http://instagram.com/nytourguy

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
7,812 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 9/11 Memorial Museum to open on May 21, 2014

Not sure yet, although i have read that the memorial will be free and the Museum will charge $24 so far. Ofcourse, things may change later.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,143 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 9/11 Memorial Museum to open on May 21, 2014

That's interesting news, thanks. I'm in two minds whether I'd like to see it though. Hopefully they don't delay the opening again. It'll be good to see the Memorial part finally opened up and available to everyone without any fences around it too. It will make a world of difference to the area.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 9/11 Memorial Museum to open on May 21, 2014

Copy and pasted from the other 9/11 thread:

tripadvisor.ca/…57040113

3. Re: 911 Museum opening dates announced

today, 21:16

From FAQ on the 9/11 Memorial site it appears that reservations are still required to see the memorial from present date until an undetermined future date when all area construction will have been completed. For now, passes for The 9/11 Memorial will still be reserved on-line, and there will also be some same-day passes available in person on a first-come basis.

In the meantime, the 9/11 Museum will open to the general public on May 21, 2014 with tickets going on sale starting March 26, 2014. There will be, per their website, time when access to the museum will be available to the public free of charge although when this will be has not yet been established/announced. The site also clarifys that admission tickets to the Museum will allow access to the Memorial site until the area becomes fully accessible.

Edited: today, 21:18

New York, NY
Level Contributor
293 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 9/11 Memorial Museum to open on May 21, 2014

The fences around the Memorial will be down when the Museum is dedicated on May 15 and open to the public on May 21. They are not taking reservations for the memorial beyond those dates so I suspect you may not need a ticket for the memorial after May 15. Check back at 911memorial.org closer to the opening of the museum to be sure.

6. Re: 9/11 Memorial Museum to open on May 21, 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 06:15