We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Restaurants in Brooklyn ?

Boston
Level Contributor
98 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite Restaurants in Brooklyn ?

Planning on spending a Sunday wandering around Brooklyn. Got some great ideas of areas to concentrate on from a previous post ( thanks all ) . So now, dinner at the end of the day - read some good reviews of Jack the Horse Tavern , any opinions ? Don't want crazy expensive. We've had drinks before at River Cafe ( sunset , the memory will stay in my mind forever ). Had pizza at Grimaldi's . Anything with outdoor seating if weather is nice ? Just would rather be prepared and maybe make a reservation, so looking forward to some suggestions !

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,170 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,056 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,158 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite Restaurants in Brooklyn ?

What area are you planning to be in when dinner rolls around? It would be silly to recommend places in Park Slope if you're planing to end the day in Brooklyn Heights, and vice versa.

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite Restaurants in Brooklyn ?

Miranda in Williamsburg is one of my favorites.

Forcella is a very reasonably priced favorite.

There are a number of good / casual restaurants in Williamsburg. Great restaurants in Carroll Gardens like Lunetta.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite Restaurants in Brooklyn ?

Where in Bklyn?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite Restaurants in Brooklyn ?

I agree, knowing where in Brooklyn would be helpful. Mostly because North Brooklyn is actually tricky to get to from the rest of Brooklyn. Irrespective of location, my favorites are St. Anselm in Williamsburg and Vinegar Hill House in Dumbo/Vinegar Hill

Shawn

http://nytourguy.blogspot.com/

http://instagram.com/nytourguy

Boston
Level Contributor
98 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite Restaurants in Brooklyn ?

Thank you, I know it's tricky to pin down location. Guess it's like asking for a "good restaurant in Manhattan". I think if we went further into Brooklyn during the day,we would end up more towards the East River in the evening , maybe to walk the Promenade after dinner and enjoy the view.Would that be considered Brooklyn Heights? There are 3 of us, so we don't mind splitting a cab ride to get to someplace with good food / atmosphere. That will be Sunday night ,so maybe less crowded ? Saturday eve we are seeing Pippin so we'll eat in the Theater District ( someone I work with made a recommendation - Daniela Trattoria )

Boston
Level Contributor
98 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite Restaurants in Brooklyn ?

I actually like that I've been given suggestions in a few different areas ! That way if we end up in a certain location when we are hungry ,we have an idea of where to try. This Spring trip is with my sisters but I also come in December with several girlfriends . We have been saying we have to get over to Brooklyn for a meal so I appreciate everyone telling me what their favorites are .

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
17,550 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite Restaurants in Brooklyn ?

For a dessert place consider The Chocolate Room. There are a couple of locations in Brooklyn, one not too far from Brooklyn Heights.

http://www.thechocolateroombrooklyn.com/

8. Re: Favorite Restaurants in Brooklyn ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 05:16