We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampton Inn JFK to Penn Station?

Alhambra, California
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Hampton Inn JFK to Penn Station?

We are arriving from Rome at 4:55 pm in early October-JFK. My friend has an early morning flight back to LA while I am trying to get to Penn Station to catch the express train to Boston at Penn Station. We arrive on late Saturday afternoon on October 4th and leave on the 5th. Should we stay to sleep at the Hampton Inn, JFK. How will he get to the airport? How do we get from the airport(Delta) to the hotel? How do I get from the hotel to Penn Station? Thanks.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,099 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
970 reviews
from US$83.99*
Best Seller
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from US$36.00*
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
12,105 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hampton Inn JFK to Penn Station?

How early is your friend's flight? You may find it more interesting to just go into Manhattan and stay near Penn Station. There are early morning trains back to the airport.

If you want to stay at an airport hotel just be aware that there's really nothing to do at these hotels. You would get to the hotel by taking the AirTrain monorail from your terminal to the Federal Circle AirTrain station and then get a hotel bus shuttle to the hotel. This would be free.

In the morning your friend would take the bus shuttle to Federal Circle and then the AirTrain to the terminal. This will again be free.

You would take the shuttle to Federal Circle and then the AirTrain to Jamaica. The AirTrain to Jamaica will be $5, which you pay when you get off. From Jamaica you could either take the Long Island Rail Road or the subway to Penn Station. On the weekends the LIRR fare is $4.00, only a bit more than the $2.50 subway fare, so that's what I'd do.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,378 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hampton Inn JFK to Penn Station?

The Hampton Inn doesn't have a restaurant although the Courtyard which is walkable does. For you, staying in Manhattan makes much more sense but maybe not for your friend. I see Manhattan prices are quite high then. Hard call but unless you think you're just gong to want to sleep, staying at JFK is less than ideal. You could split the difference and stay in Long Island City. It's a lot closer to Manhattan and you could at least get out of the hotel there for a meal. The Nesva has rooms that are about the same price as the Hampton Inn at JFK.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g48080-d3556959…

There's a new gastropub next door to it Dutch Kills Centraal getting good reviews.

http://www.dutchkillscentraal.com/

3. Re: Hampton Inn JFK to Penn Station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 06:15