We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newark to ameritania hotel west 54th

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Newark to ameritania hotel west 54th

Hi

Me and my husband are coming to. New York in May woooohoooo what's the best way to get from newark airport to our hotel ameritania. We are thinking of the train but not sure what we get and where to get and where to get off.

Any help would be fab

Thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,101 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
972 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from US$36.00*
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
12,108 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newark to ameritania hotel west 54th

You need to give cross streets to get the best travel advice. Streets can run for several miles. Your hotel is on W. 54th Street between 7th and 8th Avenues.

Take the Newark Airport AirTrain monorail from your terminal to the Newark Airport rail station. There you buy a combined AirTrain/New Jersey Transit train ticket to Penn Station New York. (Don't get off at Penn Station Newark.) The fare is $12.50 per person.

At Penn Station you could either take a local taxi or the subway. For the subway take the uptown E train on the 8th Avenue side of Penn Station. Get off at 7th Avenue (& 53rd Street) and you'll be very close to your hotel. If you're in NYC for more than a couple of days you should each get a weekly unlimited Metrocard ($31 per person) for subways and buses.

If you decide to take a local taxi, exit Penn Station on the 8th Avenue side so you'll get into a taxi heading uptown on one way 8th Avenue.

Edited: 26 March 2014, 22:24
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Newark to ameritania hotel west 54th

Ohhh I didn't know about cross streets thank you so much for your help x

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newark to ameritania hotel west 54th

hi emma -we're doing exactly the the same transfer in a couple of weeks - ive booked a 'shared transfer ' through viator website - approx £10 each- apparently the transfers run regulalry all day every day - once you book, you present your voucher at any time at the pick up point outside the terminal building , and it takes you to whichever hotels in manhattan the passengers want to go to - we thought about the train but it might be a struggle with luggage and we arrive quite late at night? . never done this before so hope it'll be ok- they're good reviews on trip advisor anyway , so please keep your fingers crossed for us !! good luck !

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newark to ameritania hotel west 54th

Viator is nothing but a reseller. They get the absolute cheapest shared ride shuttles and as a result you end up with something horrible. It is usually either Super Shuttle or Go AirLink - both of which have pages upon pages of scathing reviews of the terrible service. Dirty and dangerous vans - putting more people in the van than there is room for - not enough seat belts - dangerous. They make people wait until the van is completely full because they can't make any money at all unless every seat is full - then you stop at lots of different hotels.

It is a horrible way to start (or end) your holiday in New York.

AirTrain Newark / NJ Transit is fast and frequent. It is very safe and reliable.

Avoid anything to do with Viator and avoid the shared ride shuttles - they're horrid and dangerous.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newark to ameritania hotel west 54th

o dear will wait and see then - strange though as all the reviews ive seen are really good ?? its so cheap its worth a try but if its rubbish we'll just use an alternative - thanks for the warning ......

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Newark to ameritania hotel west 54th

hi emma- me again !! we're just back from ameritania having travelled from brum, and delighted to say that the shared transfer from newark i was a bit worried about (when i posted before we travelled ) was fab -quick ,easy and dead cheap - 10 dollars each ! (we arrived at 930pm which may have helped ) .

the hotel is amazing , our room was on the 12 th floor and was just fabulous , and its in a great location - wont say any more as im sure you want to discover yourselves, but i think you'll have a wonderful time - have fun x

7. Re: Newark to ameritania hotel west 54th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 07:15