We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip Report

I visited NYC for a business trip, to attend a conference, I stayed in Hilton midtown which was perfectly located.

First day I arrived at 5pm, despite my jet lag o didn't want to waste my time so I had a walk in Central Park which was few blocks away from my hotel, then to Columbus circle and back to my hotel. I grabbed a falafel sandwich from that guy selling halal food and it was really delicious.

Next day, sunday, which was my only free day I took the subway to downtown to take the Staten Island ferry so I could see the statue if liberty as people advised here, I had good view for the statue which I think it was enough. Then I stopped on my way back in century 21 for some time, I had a couple of bags with half price which I loved.

I went back to the hotel and then had a walk in 5th avenue then back to my hotel.

From Monday to Thursday, I was quite busy with the conference but I managed to skip few hours to see the metropolitan and Times Square.

Then I flew to Atlanta on Thursday for another meeting.

In general, I liked the busy life in NYC, people are nice with exception to that lady who just finished the marathon who got really angry when I asked her about the next station in subway cos I was confused with the stations she went like "I don't know, here's a map you can check, don't ask me"!!!!! I was speechless before her rudeness, but on the other hand, there was a decent young lady who offered to guide me to the metropolitan.

I took a taxi from the airport for 57$ and a shuttle to LaGuardia.

I wish I had more time to go to ESB and Madame Tussau.

I would like to thank you all for your help as all your answers for our posts here give us a great guide to the city.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,115 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
999 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,389 reviews
from US$36.00*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
8,158 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

There is always an exception to every rule.... !!!! For every 1 negative there are 1000 positives in the city :)

Glad you had a good time.... come back again for more :)

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
28,838 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

Very good review glad you had a great time.

3. Re: Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 06:17