We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Penn station - which exit to use

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
99 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Penn station - which exit to use

We arrive at Newark airport on 16th April at lunchtime and at advice of others on trip advisor are making our own way to hotel via the air train from the terminal and then the NJ transit train to Penn Station. We are just unsure of best place to exit to get a taxi to our hotel which is the ameritania on 230 west 54th street. I understand Penn Stn will be manic and we will have had a long flight and have luggage so want as smooth a transfer to hotel as possible and would be grateful for advice. Almost forgot, is it easy to purchase our tickets for the airtrain and transit train? Do we pay cash or card? Etc

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
677 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Penn station - which exit to use

Thanks so much litsa 😊

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Penn station - which exit to use

Mariah....

There is an exit from the Long Island Rail Road level of Penn Station that will take you right to 34th Street. This exit is towards the back end of the trains across from the McDonalds and Tracks Bar and is an escalator that goes from the Long Island Rail Road level right up to 34th Street. Get to the top, make a right turn and you are just a couple of blocks from 5th Avenue.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Penn station - which exit to use

My pleasure mariaht83;-) Have fun.. and enjoy!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
677 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Penn station - which exit to use

Thanks frank3 thats great.

Thanks litsa I'm sure we'll have the time of our lives:)

x

London, United...
Level Contributor
470 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Penn station - which exit to use

Hi Maria, I just got some great help on a question I had about Penn Station and posted a link to this site http://jasongibbs.com/pennstation which has some useful info and maps of each floor of the station. I found it useful to check our exit.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
677 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Penn station - which exit to use

Aw thanks clare that's great 😊 x

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
103 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Penn station - which exit to use

We will be doing the same and catching the train to Penn station. Which exit will I need to head south to 31st street (Hampton Inn Hotel)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Penn station - which exit to use

Just exit at the main entrance off 7th Avenue. You can walk to your Hotel.

Edited: 02 April 2014, 06:15
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
103 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Penn station - which exit to use

Thank you

20. Re: Penn station - which exit to use

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 06:17