We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi's at Newark airport

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Taxi's at Newark airport

Would it be a problem to get a taxi van for 4 adults and 1 child?

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,170 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,058 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,418 Reviews
from US$37.00*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,429 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi's at Newark airport

Yes. You dont want a taxi anyway. Order a car service which will be better and cheaper.

Allstatelimo.com

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi's at Newark airport

All State is a much better option at Newark Airport.

You can't get a NYC taxi at Newark Airport as you're in New Jersey. Taxi's from New Jersey can't pick up in Manhattan so you pay a much higher fare plus many taxi drivers from NJ can't find their way around New York City.

www.allstatelimo.com - 212 333 3333

There is also a fast and efficient rail option called AirTrain Newark / NJ Transit for $12.50 per adult passenger.

Mentioned in this post
New Jersey
New Jersey
United States
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi's at Newark airport

Hey WhoDatNation13:-) You can also check www.dial7.com/ www.carmellimo.com/ Both popular.. been around for decades.. you'll find courtesy phones for all inside as well to call and let them know you're ready.. they will give you a meeting spot outside somewhere close-by.. I've yet to have to wait more than 10 min when I've used them:-) Best.. and EnJOY!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi's at Newark airport

I was told before that a taxi would be the best option for $46 plus toll and tax. I'm glad I asked this question because I am getting different answers. I had dial 7 booked but canceled because the taxi is much cheaper

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi's at Newark airport

..I've never used a cab from NJ so no clue how you got that rate.. nonetheless, from what I understand,, their rates are tiered.. depending where you're going in the City;-) FWIW, looks pretty comparable to car service rates which can fluctuate.. depending on time of day! You're usually looking at about $80 all in once you add tolls and tip into the City from EWR:-) Keep enjoyin'!

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi's at Newark airport

I've never been able to get into Manhattan from Newark for much under $100. after tolls and tip and the pesky credit card surcharge they seem to get away with charging at Newark Airport.

$46.00 - no way.

All State is the company I've always had the best luck with.

My preference is AirTrain Newark / NJ Transit for $12.50. Faster, safer, more reliable.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi's at Newark airport

..believe OP stated it's $46 PLUS tip and toll.. which is average for a base rate.. so $80 would be all in total:-) Who have you used paying $100.. and going where?! I'm on UWS and it's never been over $80 all in.. although I usually prefer the train, I've also used Carmel car service and again, can't see $100?!

Mentioned in this post
Carmel
Carmel
New York
New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi's at Newark airport

Those taxi's at Newark Airport - I've used them a couple times. The tiered rates don't start at $46.

The base rates for the west side start at $50.

During weekday rush hours - mornings (6AM to 9AM) and afternoons (4PM to 7PM) and on weekends (Saturday and Sunday from 12PM to 8PM) - there is an additional $5 surcharge to all points in the State of New York, except Staten Island.

Then an additional $5.00 for the East Side.

Then the cash toll price for both the Holland Tunnel and the NJ Turnpike (roundtrip Turnpike) plus the credit card surcharge (not charged by NYC taxi's) plus tip.

I try to avoid Newark Airport and when it is necessary I use AirTrain Newark / NJ Transit.

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi's at Newark airport

Well maybe then you should start taking your own rec and just call for a car service;-)) Last time I used a car service out of EWR last year the base rate was $44.. it was also during rush hour around 5p.. I knew I was in for a ride.. but just couldn't deal with the train on this particular occasion coming off a 9+ hour flight with more luggage than I left with from Europe! I called Carmel and was in the car within 10 min.. but it took practically 1.5 hours to get through the tunnel and finally home! Nonetheless, I do prefer .. and more than often, use NJTransit since it's so easy;-)

Mentioned in this post
Carmel
Carmel
New York
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi's at Newark airport

Instead of going by hearsay, the information on the official Port Authority website

panynj.gov/airports/ewr-taxi-car-van-service…