We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrival time at La Guardia?

Aberdeen
5 posts
Save Topic
Arrival time at La Guardia?

Hello, I'll be traveling to New York this weekend. I've booked a private car service to get from the airport to the apartment we'll be staying at in Soho.

For returning to the airport, the car service has told me to allow 1.5 hrs travel time. Will I be ok if I plan to get to the airport 1 hr before my flight? i.e. is 6:30 am a good pick up time for a 9:05 am flight to Atlanta?

Thanks!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,101 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
972 reviews
from US$83.99*
Best Seller
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,374 reviews
from US$36.00*
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,922 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrival time at La Guardia?

I would be more concerned about the existence of the apartment than anything else. Rentals of less than 30 days are illegal! You may be "renting" a non-existant place, or you may just be renting something that the person renting, has no authority to sublet, so it could be unavailable by the time you come OR in the middle of your stay!

In terms of how long in advance to be at the airport--what does your airline say? They tell you on their website what time to get there. While, allowing less time doesn't automatically mean you will not make your flight--it does increase the chances.

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrival time at La Guardia?

Apartment?? Oh boy!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrival time at La Guardia?

Apartment rentals for less than 30 days are illegal. Seriously.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c147344/New-Yo…

Have no idea what car service would tell you 1 1/2 hrs. to LGA. That's really overkill at that hour on a Sun. morning. I wonder which car service this is?? You should be there is 20-40 mins. Max. As to how far in advance to arrive, ask your airline.

Aberdeen
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrival time at La Guardia?

Thanks for the link. I had no idea. I am meeting some friends flying over from overseas, and she found the place on air bnb.

I'm actually returning on a Monday morning. The car service is Carmel. Would the 20-40 mins max apply on a Monday morning?

Thanks for the feedback

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrival time at La Guardia?

On a Mon. morning, I'd think an hour would be enough. I prefer

Dial7.com

Allstatelimo.com

See what they say. Airbnb has been deemed illegal by the local courts but people still rent on something of a black market. I hope the place is at least there and habitable.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrival time at La Guardia?

Put

Airbnb

In the serach box on the forum. You'll see plenty of discussion.

nytimes.com/2012/…

7. Re: Arrival time at La Guardia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 07:16