We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Area under Brooklyn Bridge

London, England
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
Area under Brooklyn Bridge

Hi everyone,

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am visitng New York next week and would love to see the area near Brooklyn Bridge.

Can anyone advise what is the area called underneath the bridge where there is a pathway with seats and benches, I think I have seen some bars also overlooking the bridge. As a photographer would love to get some visuals with the bridge in the background.

How easy is it to get to it and what are the best options (subway etc.) to get there?

Many thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,272 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Area under Brooklyn Bridge

I think you mean Brooklyn Bridge Park - it's a great place to get photos of the bridges with the downtown Manhattan skyline and even the Empire State Building from some vantage points.

I'm pretty sure I take the F to York Street to get there, but you can also take the A,C to High Street. If you take the F, it is pretty obvious which way the water is - downhill from the subway station.

suitcaseready.com

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
738 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Area under Brooklyn Bridge

The area is called DUMBO. The F train to York is what you are looking for. As the previous poster said, follow the roads down hill until you get to the water. There you will find the Brooklyn Bridge park. There are good photo ops from the area between the BB and the Manhattan Bridge (which is the park). You can also get some great photos from the lighthouse which is just on the south side of the bridge (now an ice cream parlor). Be sure to bring a wide angle lens.

Diane

NYC Photo Safari

London, England
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Area under Brooklyn Bridge

Thanks guys, that is a great help. Many thanks!

4. Re: Area under Brooklyn Bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 06:16