We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Help...

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Help...

We are flying into LGA on Friday 4/18 (I purchased tickets yesterday!) We will be in New York from 4/18-4/21...So my question now is, where should we stay? I would like to keep the price under $300/night. We dont really need anything fancy but it HAS TO BE clean. We really want to be centrally located so that we can get to all the normal tourist spots relatively easy. We plan to see ESB, Statue of Liberty, Times Square, etc. So we dont have an itenerary just yet but I do want to see Of Mice and Men which is at the Longacre Theatre 220 West 48th Street. I need to know best places to stay in the best location for my price range. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Sugestions on itenerary too. Have no clue how to group attractions together. Thanks!

New York Media Boat \/ Adventure Sightseeing Tours
Boat Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Speed Boats Tours
Real New York Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Tribeca Sailing
Boat Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Top Dog Tours NYC
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Central Village...
Level Contributor
18,007 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Help...

Did you see the button just above these postings Find Hotels - open that and start looking. Centrally located hotel - well NYC is not a theme park - attractions are all around the 5 boroughs, many folks stay in midtown - one of my fav hotels is the Hotel at Times Square on 46th off 5th Avenue.

As for itinerary - a guide book would be an asset they usually have sample itineraries and MAPS.

Good luck.

Edited: 03 April 2014, 16:14
Level Contributor
556 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Help...

If you're flexible with location you can save tons of money by usuing priceline.com's name your own price. They have many midtown hotels and you'll be able to get a good 3 - 4 star hotel for $100 - $150 a night. No need to spend $300 a night.

new york
Level Contributor
3,246 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Help...

Two people? One bed?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Help...

Have a look at Amsterdam Court Hotel. Its central and clean. I stayed there before and im heading back end of April.

5. Re: Hotel Help...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 06:17
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question