We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chinatown Festival

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Chinatown Festival

I see it listed as Sunday, April 20th...but there is no description anywhere (that I can find anyway) about what Chinatown Festival is...anyone out there know what it is all about?

Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,222 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chinatown Festival

Im not completely sure. A couple of years ago there was a festival in Chinatown where many restaurants had stands in front offering samples of their food for $1-5. This was on Mott, Elizabeth and the streets around there.

When I googled this thing, it looks like a regular street fair. Street fairs are typically organized by the same group and have the same vendors. If you've never been to one here, they're OK if you run into them but not worth a special trip, unless you need socks, cheap sunglasses, iPhone cases, small tweezers/tools and sometimes faux Sham-wows. There's also a mix of OK food (grilled corn, crepes, tacos) and some really unhealthy stuff (greasy Italian sausages and funnel cakes)

suitcaseready.com

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Chinatown Festival

perfect, thanks...we will be certain to pay it no attention!

Montreal
Level Contributor
871 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chinatown Festival

there's the egg cream and egg roll "festival" that celebrates two of the neighborhood's communities but I think that's in June, and it's small (if running at all this year)

4. Re: Chinatown Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 05:17