We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Train Repairs

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,271 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Air Train Repairs

Just heard on the radio

From 9PM tonight ( Friday, April 4) until 2PM tomorrow ( Saturday, April 5) there will be no air train. If you were planning on using it--I guess you will now be taking a taxi!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,169 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,056 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
7,857 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Train Repairs

No taxi needed: I read further

9 p.m. April 4, 2014 to 2 p.m. April 5, 2014

Due to airport construction, AirTrain JFK service will be suspended system-wide. Free shuttle bus service will be provided at the Jamaica, Federal Circle, Howard Beach and Lefferts Boulevard AirTrain Stations, Long Term Parking Lot 9, and all terminals in the terminal area. Please allow extra travel time during this period.

Also,

9 p.m. April 7, 2014 to 12 p.m. April 8, 2014

9 p.m. April 8, 2014 to 12 p.m. April 9, 2014

9 p.m. April 9, 2014 to 12 p.m. April 10, 2014

9 p.m. April 10, 2014 to 12 p.m. April 11, 2014

And there is always the Q10 bus to Lefferts Blvd Subway station (the non-Rockaway branch of the A train.

And there is a Q10 limited to the E and F trains.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,271 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Train Repairs

The shuttle is a disaster. ( my nephew almost used it--but thankfully I had my car) It is basically a CITY BUS! That means there is no real room for luggage. You have to drag your luggage up the bus steps and onto the bus. You have to hope there is room for you--and if you are making a connection it takes much much longer. When I was there, that day with my nephew--people were PAYING cabs to help them make connections. ( and cabbie were not happy--but they had no choice)

BTW--I should have known there was a longer schedule. I just reported what was on the radio!

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Train Repairs

The shuttle is not a disaster and it is also free which is nice. It adds 10 - 15 (sometimes 20) minutes but it isn't a disaster. I don't know what you mean "it is like a city bus" - what would you expect it to be? The Q.70 is a city bus. The Q.10 is a city bus. You make it sound like a school bus. I admit it isn't my favorite scenario but it is far from a disaster. Plenty of room for luggage. They make the best of a less than optimal situation.

4. Re: Air Train Repairs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 06:17