We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving 2014

1 post
Save Topic
Thanksgiving 2014

I am coming to New York for Thanksgiving 2014 and wanted to have a traditional meal but am unsure where to go.....any suggestions??

I am travelling on my own.

Thanks

Grace

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving 2014

This is what I found when I googled thanksgiving dinner - gonyc.about.com/od/thanksgivingdinner/. Look at previous threads on this topic, there are many.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving 2014

I'm also going over thanksgiving, I think I'm going to try and book the Rock Centre Cafe.

I read another solo trip report from someone who ate solo here last year and gave it a good review - can't find it at the moment but will keep trying!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving 2014

Here was the post I was thinking of (from JulieW):

25. Re: Where did you eat on Thanksgiving?

02 December 2013, 19:05

Hi guys, only just noticed this as haven't really been online since I got here. I ate thanksgiving lunch at the rock center cafe and it was fabulous! I had made a reservation through open table a few weeks before. I wanted the traditional turkey dinner and started with lobster bisque which was stunning! Then I had turkey with roasted sweet potato and roasted sprouts with stuffing, cranberry relish and gravy. Dessert was spiced pumpkin pie with cream, again it was delicious. You could hace chosen other foods but I wanted traditional. I was a solo diner and had asked for a good view of the ice rink as I was concernef I'd feel self conscious and at least I'd have something to look at/focus on. I didnt feel uncomfortable at all! The service was wonderful and the waiter was happy to take a photograph of me when asked. All in all a wonderful thanksgiving experience thanks to people on here who are always so free with the advice and suggestions. Thankyou x

4. Re: Thanksgiving 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2015, 06:17