We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight and hotel for new york at christmas 2014 when to book

Herts
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
flight and hotel for new york at christmas 2014 when to book

Checking expedia for flight and hotel for 22nd Dec for 6 nights - prices are jumping up and down when is the best tme to book this.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
589 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight and hotel for new york at christmas 2014 when to book

Book when you find a hotel and cost you like! As long as it's cancelable, you can keep checking and rebook/cancel if you get a better rate!

Canada
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight and hotel for new york at christmas 2014 when to book

You won't have that flexibility if you book a flight and hotel package through Expedia. Just book a hotel that can be cancelled if you find something you like better. Once you've found a flight price you can live with, book it and don't check prices again. It is unlikely the price will subsequently go down enough to make up for whatever change fee you would have to pay to take advantage of the lower price, and it will just depress you to know you could have paid less if you had waited to book.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight and hotel for new york at christmas 2014 when to book

We booked our flights to nyc in february. We were told that prices at xmas time would go up before they would go down. I have checked every few weeks to see if the price has changed and if weve been ripped but the prices for flights are just getting higher.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flight and hotel for new york at christmas 2014 when to book

I went December 2013, booked in June 2013! That was through expedia aswell. And I did the never never of looking back on several occasions to see if the price had dropped and it hadn't! Hope that helps.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flight and hotel for new york at christmas 2014 when to book

I booked through Expedia again to go December this year on the proviso that if you then find the package cheaper - even on Expedia before you travel - they will refund the difference (like last November when I got a £75 refund).

6. Re: flight and hotel for new york at christmas 2014 when to book

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 05:15