We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Lion King - Seat Selection

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
502 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
The Lion King - Seat Selection

Hello Everyone,

I am vising New York in April end and so badly want to see the Lion King. i know its a bit too late to book good seats now but this was a last minute trip and hence no other option. Could you please guide as to which are good seats available.

On one of the days i am getting Orch L Seat 1. Is this a good seat?

Another thing i noticed that during the whole period of my stay the tickets are mainly priced around 180$ however there is one matinee where all the tickets are in the range of 130$. IS there any reason the tickets are priced so low for only this particular show??

Thanks & Regards,

Rishi

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
136 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,111 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
994 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,385 reviews
from US$36.00*
Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,738 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Lion King - Seat Selection

Lion King is a Disney production. They use an algorithm that prices seats according to what the computer says the traffic will bear. That is why they have some of the lowest average full price tickets but have the highest gross ticket sales. They change their tickets prices based on the performance.

When you are booking your seats, you should use the pick your seat option rather than the automatic seat assignment so that you can see where the seats are. Orchestra L1 is either against the wall or on an inside aisle. In any case, it's a good seat to see the parade at the beginning of the acts.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
502 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Lion King - Seat Selection

Hi cyblume,

Orchestra L1 is an inside aisle seat. I was just wondering if there was something off as this was the only show over a 10 day period which had tickets cheaper than $180. Planning to book the tickets soon.

What rows and seat are good in Orchestra and Mezzanine?

Thanks & Regards,

Rishi

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,738 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Lion King - Seat Selection

The best seats for this show are on the aisle downstairs. 2nd choice front mezz

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
502 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Lion King - Seat Selection

Thanks cyblume,

This is the final selection of seat i am getting:

Sec ORCH, Row L, Seat 1 (Left Aisle)

Sec ORCH, Row L, Seat 2 (Right Aisle)

Sec ORCH, Row Q, Seat 111 (Orch Centre)

Sec ORCH, Row W, Seat 114 (Orch Centre)

Sec ORCH, Row Y, Seat 101 (Orch Aisle)

Sec MEZZ, Row H, Seat 118 (Mezz Centre)

All of these are similar priced and hence that will not be the deciding factor. Which of these seats will give the best viewing experience for the show?

Thanks a lot to everyone to reads through my posts.

Regards, Rishi

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
502 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Lion King - Seat Selection

Hello,

Could anyone please guide me on the seat selection. I am in bit of a rush as i need to get the tickets booked today as i will be travelling from tomorrow with no access to internet.

Thanks & Regards,

Rishi

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,738 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Lion King - Seat Selection

Call 866-870-2717

& ask for best available seats.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
502 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Lion King - Seat Selection

Thanks a lot cyblume, bought the tickets and got them at a reasonable price too.

Any other broadway production you would recommend to us??

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,738 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Lion King - Seat Selection

I don't tend to recommend shows without at least some guidance as to what you like. There's too many choices. I do like Pippin though. There was one poster who objected to some of the themes but I think it is relatively harmless & fun.

9. Re: The Lion King - Seat Selection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 07:16