We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baseball Game in september

melbourne,aus
Level Contributor
965 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Baseball Game in september

Hi, I will be in NYC from the 17th to the 23rd September. I would love to experience a baseball game. Can anyone tell me if there are any on around this time. thanks

Center Moriches...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baseball Game in september

Mets play Miami on 9/17. Yankees have games home from 9/18 - 9/23 vs. Toronto and Baltimore.

melbourne,aus
Level Contributor
965 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baseball Game in september

I dont know anything about baseball as we dont have in Australia at that level. Can you please tell me which would be the more exciting game to watch as we are going mostly to experience the atmosphere. ...Also do we just buy tickets at the gate on can they be purchased prior online? thanks

Edited: 13 April 2014, 01:00
Center Moriches...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baseball Game in september

Hard to say at this point, long baseball season. The Yankees vs. the Baltimore Orioles could end up being important for both clubs, which would make it more exciting. I would wait until I was in town to purchase tickets. Complete sell outs are rare, and the weather might not cooperate.

melbourne,aus
Level Contributor
965 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baseball Game in september

ok thanks for that...would we just purchase tickets at the yankees stadium?

melbourne,aus
Level Contributor
965 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baseball Game in september

I have just checked the Yankees fixture and it seems they are playing the Blue Jays 3 times when we are there. Would this be correct? On the 18, 19th and the 21st September. We want to go to a night game as our days are full and would like to see a good game. We have an early flight on the 23rd so dont think the 22nd will work for us...Do you think this game will be as exciting as the Orioles one? Also given we have never been to a baseball game before can you please give me an idea of which part of the stadium should we look at to get a decent seat without paying top dollar..Thanks

Edited: 12 August 2014, 10:43
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baseball Game in september

**I have just checked the Yankees fixture and it seems they are playing the Blue Jays 3 times when we are there. Would this be correct?**

They are playing the Jays 4 times during that time.

**Do you think this game will be as exciting as the Orioles one? **

Probably. Both teams are fighting for a playoff spot.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,185 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baseball Game in september

Teams travel long distances for these games, so often, they will do about 3 or 4 in a row ... I second your choice for an evening game, lots of extra atmosphere due to lights and so on ,,,,

You could also check the Mets fixtures and ask back here which games are more likely to be exciting (baseball CAN be pretty slow especially if you don't know all the ins and outs ...). I actually love the Mets stadium better than the Yankees ^_^

Go Mets!

8. Re: Baseball Game in september

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2015, 05:16