We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eats and things to do around Citi Field Stadium

Geneva
Level Contributor
27 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Eats and things to do around Citi Field Stadium

Really excited about coming back to New York and I've bought tickets to the baseball match at Citi Field stadium on Sunday 20th of april in th afternoon. Our hotel is in midtown east and I would love suggestions for things to do, and food options in the stadium area, Flushing etc.

Thanks for any ideas, I'm travelling with 3 young adults using public transport.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,149 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eats and things to do around Citi Field Stadium

The food at Citi Field is quite good - several Danny Meyer (Union Square Hospitality Group) concessions, including a Shake Shack and a Blue Smoke BBQ. (Also a decent taqueria, a Two Boots pizza, a seafood place with a shrimp po'boy that my husband loves, etc). These places are all clustered together at field level behind the scoreboard.

Most people just take the 7 train straight to the ballpark for the game and then straight back into Manhattan afterwards. But if you want to spend time in the area before or after the game, you could spend time in Flushing Meadows Corona Park:

http://www.flushingmeadowscoronapark.com/

Make sure the places you're interested in visiting will be open on Easter Sunday, though.

Have fun!

Edited: 12 April 2014, 15:55
Center Moriches...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eats and things to do around Citi Field Stadium

Love Citifield, lots of food options. Sometimes, so many options it sort of feels like going to a carnival where some guys happen to be playing baseball.

Geneva
Level Contributor
27 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eats and things to do around Citi Field Stadium

Thanks so much! It sounds fantastic. We aren't baseball experts but are really looking forward to it all. The park looks lovely as well.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
10,941 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eats and things to do around Citi Field Stadium

If you like Chinese food, the Flushing neighborhood, one stop past Citifield on the 7 train, has a huge number of well-regarded places. I'm confident they'd be open on Easter. You could always do this after the game by just taking the outbound 7 train rather than the one back to Manhattan.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,073 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eats and things to do around Citi Field Stadium

If you decide to go to Flushing to eat after--rather than crowd onto the train--just do what most locals do--walk!

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,815 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eats and things to do around Citi Field Stadium

If you go out earlier in the day visit the Louis Armstrong House.

www.louisarmstronghouse.org

Flushing, New York
Level Contributor
5,382 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eats and things to do around Citi Field Stadium

I occasionally walk over the bridge from Citifield to downtown Flushing, but you may want to take the train the one stop to Main Street. There are many Asian restaurants, but few "American" ones. The immediate area of the subway terminus appears Chinese, but if you one block further east near Northern Blvd., you will start to encounter mostly Korean businesses. There are also scattered Southeast Asian and Japanese restaurants. Generally tourists do not come to Flushing even though it is a larger Chinatown than that in Manhattan. Businesses here cater to the local Asian population and you will not find the trinkets sold to tourists as in the other place. The Tripadvisor site for Flushing lists eateries.

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g47729-Flushing_New_…

8. Re: Eats and things to do around Citi Field Stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 06:16