We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi or shuttle?

South Euclid, Ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
Taxi or shuttle?

Is it better to take a taxi or a shuttle from LaGuardia to JFK and then back again? LaGuardia to JFK will be on a Wednesday landing at 10:00 am (need to catch a flight at 2:00 pm). JFK to Laguardia will be on a Sunday leaving the airport around 5:00 pm (need to catch a flight at 7:00 pm).

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi or shuttle?

Hey 500lindalee50:-) The outbound sounds OK given you've got 4 hours from landing to takeoff.. although there are shuttles, wouldn't bother with them since you really don't have that much time.. grab a cab and err on the safe side;-)

That return is troublesome with only 2 hours.. sounds like you'll be heading overseas somewhere.. bear in mind that you'll need to go through formalities.. passport control/immigration.. luggage retrieval (if any).. customs.. which alone can take anywhere from around 15-20 min on up to an hour+.. I would not be looking to fly out of LGA at 7p with a 5p international arrival at JFK.. just about guarantees a miss unless everything goes like clockwork.. planes lands on time .. speeding through formalities.. and not having to wait for a cab! I'd look to change that flight out of LGA! Best.. and EnJOY!

South Euclid, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi or shuttle?

Actually, the plane arrives back in New York at 2:00 pm. It was recommended we allow 3 hours, that's why I said 5:00. It's my daughter going on a group tour to Israel.

Thank you so much for your reply.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi or shuttle?

You're welcome.. and in that case, she should be good to go;-) Keep enjoyin'!

NJ
Level Contributor
556 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi or shuttle?

Depending on how many people you are a taxi might not be more expensive that the Shuttle bus. If you don't want to pay for a taxi the whole way you can take a Taxi to the Jamaica Air Train station and then take the AirTrain for $5 straight to your terminal. There is often traffic leading up to JFK anyway so this way will probably not add more time and will be almost as convenient

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,976 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi or shuttle?

I would definitely NOT want to start playing around with taxi to airtrain to terminals etc. etc. Take a taxi. Otherwise you risk being penny wise and pound foolish. How far in advance does your daughter need to check in for her LGA to ? flight. Hopefully it will take less than 3 hours after her Israel flight! Depending on traffic and construction it could take 45 minutes to get between airports.

6. Re: Taxi or shuttle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2015, 06:16