We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question please re Cafeteria restaurant

Halifax Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
199 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Question please re Cafeteria restaurant

Hi I have a reservation for Cafeteria for 6 pm on a Monday night. All other slots are "booked" according to opentable. Just read that place is open 24/7 so am now confused. Is this the type of place you need a reservation for a later supper say 8 pm or do they only take reservations for peak supper times? Would love to go later since a 6 pm resetvation feels like its limiting my plans. Thanks!

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question please re Cafeteria restaurant

Yes - It is open 24 / 7.

The food is very good. They do a very heavy walk-in business so I suspect they don't take OpenTable reservations for peak times. I'd guess that they won't give you a reservation for 8:00PM but you can always go, queue up, put your name on the list, have a cocktail at the bar.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question please re Cafeteria restaurant

In New York, 8 pm is peak dinner time. I'd suggest contacting the restaurant directly about changing the time of your reservation.

Mentioned in this post
Halifax Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
199 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question please re Cafeteria restaurant

Thanks for the info! I didnt realize 8 pm is considered a peak time

Central Village...
Level Contributor
18,036 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Question please re Cafeteria restaurant

OpenTable gets a selected few razzes - as mentioned call the Cafeteria and see what you can negotiate.

Poppa

Mentioned in this post
The Cafeteria at the Metropolitan Museum
The Cafeteria at the...
563 Reviews
New York City, NY
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,575 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question please re Cafeteria restaurant

Often restaurants don't release all tables to opentable. You might be able te get a rez by phoning.

Halifax Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
199 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question please re Cafeteria restaurant

Thanks again. I've been trying to squeeze some time at the Chelsea Market and see it's open until 10. May just keep the early reservation and go there after.

Mentioned in this post
Chelsea Market
Chelsea Market
7,953 Reviews
New York City, NY
7. Re: Question please re Cafeteria restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 05:16