We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using a Lounge in another Terminal at JFK

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Using a Lounge in another Terminal at JFK

Hi TA community, I am flying in with Delta on Friday @ 8 am and will arrive at JFK @ Terminal 2. I have a layover of 5 hrs. before continuing on Korean Air @ Terminal 1 at 2pm. Since I could use the new Delta Lounge @ Terminal 4, I am wondering how difficult it is to go back and forth between Terminals? After reading the forum, I am aware of the train for transportation, however I am not sure if you have to pass security each time and if it is even possible. The other question I have is, how much time I have to allow myself to make it from Terminal 4 to Terminal 1? (Since it is a Friday and I leave at a busy time). I like to avoid seating in a Terminal for 5 hrs.

Thank you for any information!!

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,802 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using a Lounge in another Terminal at JFK

I believe Delta and Korea Air are partners. If you have access to Delta lounges then you may have access to Korea Air lounges as well. This is something I'd check with Korea Air, if you haven't already done so.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,971 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using a Lounge in another Terminal at JFK

If that doesn't work, it depends on whether the lounges are before or after security. If the lounge you want is after security, I don't think you can use it unless you have a ticket for a plane departing in that terminal. You can look for a map of JFK online that shows where the lounges are.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using a Lounge in another Terminal at JFK

Good Idea, I will check on it. Thank you!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,261 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Using a Lounge in another Terminal at JFK

I'm pretty sure I've never seen an airport lounge before security in America, but they could exist.

You can probably use the lounge in Terminal 2 after you arrive from your domestic flight - or try the Korean Lounge as suggested above.

suitcaseready.com

5. Re: Using a Lounge in another Terminal at JFK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 06:17