We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab from JFK to Pod 39 hotel- 145 E 39th St

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Cab from JFK to Pod 39 hotel- 145 E 39th St

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me an approximation of how much a cab fare from JFK terminal 1 to the Pod 39 Hotel would cost and how long it will take? I'm going to be arriving quite late, around 9:30pm from London, so for convenience and safety, i would probably rather get a cab than the subway at that time.

Thanks so much in advance

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
7,958 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cab from JFK to Pod 39 hotel- 145 E 39th St

Around US$70 (includes tips + toll )

Also, you can tell you driver that you are going to 39th Street bet. 3rd and Lexington (Lex) Avenue.

nyc.gov/html/…taxicab_rate.shtml

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cab from JFK to Pod 39 hotel- 145 E 39th St

Also 9.30pm is not late at all

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cab from JFK to Pod 39 hotel- 145 E 39th St

** I'm going to be arriving quite late, around 9:30pm from London, so for convenience and safety**

9:30 isn't late(as stated)...and there really is no safety factor. There may be a confusion factor not knowing exactly where you are going if this is your first time....but no safety factor.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,121 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cab from JFK to Pod 39 hotel- 145 E 39th St

I think taking a taxi is a smart idea for the fatigue factor alone. I know I'm usually not all that sharp after a long flight.

From JFK to anywhere in Manhattan is a flat rate of $52, and tolls will be added to that. You should then add a 15-20% tip on the base price, so the total will be around $70 or so.

Just go to the official taxi line outside baggage claim. Ignore anyone approaching you offering a taxi.

5. Re: Cab from JFK to Pod 39 hotel- 145 E 39th St

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 06:15