We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LIbery, 9/11, Empire State Passes

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
1 review
Save Topic
LIbery, 9/11, Empire State Passes

We are visiting the Statue of Libery, Empire State building and the 9/11 memorial, but confused with the tickets arrangement. Do we need tickets for 9/11? I saw you can reserve passes for free on the website.

Are there any passes for all three that we can take advantage of for price?

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,099 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
970 reviews
from US$83.99*
Best Seller
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,372 reviews
from US$36.00*
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: LIbery, 9/11, Empire State Passes

The date of your visit will determine the answer regarding access to the 9/11 Memorial.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: LIbery, 9/11, Empire State Passes

May 8th.

Also for the liberty to the crown, does it have it elevator or stairs only?

Edited: 17 April 2014, 17:04
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LIbery, 9/11, Empire State Passes

stairs only

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,211 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LIbery, 9/11, Empire State Passes

You can see the statue of Liberty without climbing to the crown. In fact by now I would be surprised if crown tickets are still available for May 8.

Empire State Building sells tickets on line that are not for a particular date or time. You should get those in advance to avoid the ticket line. Do NOT let yourself be talked into the Skyride. It is dumb and a waste of time and money.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LIbery, 9/11, Empire State Passes

You are too late to get crown tickets for the SOL. They are sold out until July. It's a challenging climb and descent, so you may have wanted to skip it anyway.

There are still some tickets for Pedestal Access. You should book those asap at statuecruises.com It looks like the earliest time slot available for your day is 10am. I'd grab it. Lines get longer as the day progresses.

The 911 memorial is free, with a $2.00 service charge booking online. Allow a good 4 hours or so to do SOL and Ellis Island and get to the memorial. Maybe a bit more if you want to eat a late lunch. 911 memorial usually has good availability, so probably no need to rush. http://www.911memorial.org/visitor-passes. (Note that a bit later in the month, reservations will no longer be required for 911 memorial. Just wanted to clarify that for readers visiting on other dates).

There is no pass that combines these three sites. There are passes that cover a large number of sites, but they won't get you pedestal access, they don't apply to 911 memorial, and they are generally not recommended.

Buying ESB tickets in advance can save you standing on ticket buyer's line (but you won't avoid the entry line). http://www.esbnyc.com/buy_tickets.asp

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: LIbery, 9/11, Empire State Passes

Dang it the crown is gone! That stinks! Does the pedestal access have stairs too? The reason I ask because my mother's knees are not good to climb.

Coming from Brooklyn ,which park should we pick NJ or the NY Battery park to get on SOL cruise?

Edited: 17 April 2014, 20:45
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: LIbery, 9/11, Empire State Passes

There are elevators, as well as stairs, available in the Pedestal.

Here is a link with more information on accessibility:

nps.gov/stli/planyourvisit/accessibility.htm

If you are coming from Brooklyn I would take the Ferry from Battery Park.

8. Re: LIbery, 9/11, Empire State Passes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 06:15