We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Advice, Feedback needed please.

Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary Advice, Feedback needed please.

Please help any feedback would be great as I am really having doubts as to whether this will work? It's me and DD (who is coming up for 10 years old) she has had a lo of input as to what she wants to see and where she wants to eat. But I'm really not sure we'll fit it all in any suggestions will be great. Thank you

Day one- Thursday - up early

Pershing Square for breakfast

Grand Central Station

New York Public Library

Central Park Zoo - Hotdog or food cart for lunch on the way

FAO

Dylans Candy Bar

Serendipity for dinner

Bed

Day 2- Friday

Clinton St Bakery

New York water taxi - Liberty ride booked for 10am

Subway to Brooklyn Bridge Park

Walk back over the Bridge

9/11 Memorial - any idea time wise would be best to book?

St Pauls Chapel

Max Brenner for dinner

Cinderella at the Broadway Theater starts at 8pm

Day 3- Saturday

TOTR

Madison Square Park

Pass by the Flatiron Building

Walk the High line

Chelsea Market

Magnolia Bakery

Explore Greenwich Village

Balthazar for dinner

Time Square

Day 4- Sunday

Breakfast cookie from Levain

Natural History Museum

Central park

Somewhere for a late lunch early dinner as need to be at JFK for 6pm ?

Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Advice, Feedback needed please.

Sorry, slight change DD wants to eat in Times Square on the Saturday Evening. Any suggestions would be great.Thanks

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,121 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Advice, Feedback needed please.

Looks like a well thought out itinerary :-)

Substituting Balthazar for Times Square dinner?? Talk her out of it. TS is not a cool place to eat.

Do TS dinner on your theater night instead.

I'm just a tad worried about breakfast at Clinton St. Baking Co and getting to the SOL water taxi at 10am (I believe that leaves from South Street Seaport). Maybe others with more direct experience can chime in. I know lines are common for the restaurant, and I don't know whether you can get seated right at 8am opening time.

For 911 memorial booking, when are you doing this trip? Things are changing in mid-May and the memorial will no longer require pre-booking.

For your final day, is your flight domestic or international? Is your flight at 6pm? or is that when you need to be at the airport?

Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Advice, Feedback needed please.

Thank you for your reply.

She really want to eat at Max Brenner (chocolate need I say more) so I was thinking that on Broadway night. I know it's a bit of a distance so will need to eat early.

We are going at the end of May I didn't know that it no longer required pre booking. That's why this forum is so great.

Our flight is back to the UK and it leaves at 9.35pm so allowing plenty of time.

Thanks again

Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary Advice, Feedback needed please.

Anyone else have any advice?

Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,921 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary Advice, Feedback needed please.

Go to Clinton St. on day one when you don't have to be anywhere after. It's out of the way, but so what. You're on vacation.;)

Too much candy and sweets on this itinerary and not enough real food (imo). The only decent restaurant on your list was Balthazar now being scrapped.?

Agree you should eat near the theater.

Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary Advice, Feedback needed please.

Totally agree with you nywhiz far too much sweet stuff but this trip is a treat for my daughter as a thank you from her dad and me for all her patience with her younger disabled brother. She often misses out as his needs take up a lot of our time so this trip is her's and I'm happy to let her pick.

Think you're suggestion for Clinton Street works great for day one and eating near the theater, any suggestions for a nice Italian close to the Broadway theater?

Thanks again

Center Moriches...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary Advice, Feedback needed please.

Tony DiNapoli's, family style, West 43rd, just east of Broadway; Becco, West 46th, between 8th and 9th Avenues. Many choices on block with Becco, more on 9th Avenue.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary Advice, Feedback needed please.

Sugar&Plumm in the UWS would be a fun place to have a meal/snack maybe on the Natural History day. http://www.sugarandplumm.com

The basement food court at Plaza Hotel 57th/5th-6th (Lady M is a personal favorite). Laduree macarons, one in Soho. Looking only is just as good as eating sometimes. Hope you catch the bakery in Chelsea Market that makes sculpture cakes.

Caledon, Canada
Level Contributor
142 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itinerary Advice, Feedback needed please.

I can't remember what it is called, but I saw that bakery in Chelsea market--never saw such amazing baked goods in my life! Twenty year old daughter was fascinated, and snapped tons of photos! I don't know why you specifically put down Serendipity for dinner on your first day. The frozen hot chocolate is good, but the food in general is expensive and so-so. Just a heads up! After spending some time in Dylan's she will probably be too full for dinner. Better to perhaps walk back to hotel and catch a dinner closer to there. You didn't say where you are staying, but if it is close to Times Square, you could eat there then.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,396 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Itinerary Advice, Feedback needed please.

Please talk your daughter out of dinner in TImes Square. :) Since you'll be in Greenwich Village that afternoon, she might like dinner at Otto, Mario Batali's pizza restaurant right by Washington Square Park:

http://ottopizzeria.com/

And on the day you go to AMNH, she'd probably love lunch at Alice's Tea Cup:

http://www.alicesteacup.com/chapter_1.html

There might be quite a wait there on a Sunday, though, so maybe lunch in Central Park instead? You could go to the Boathouse by the lake or to the Le Pain Quotidien in the Mineral Springs Pavilion; neither is far from AMNH.

http://www.thecentralparkboathouse.com/

lepainquotidien.com/store/….U10iXihZEyE

Have a great trip!