We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The show"If/Than"

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
The show"If/Than"

Did anyone saw this show and can recommend it? Thanks.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,076 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The show"If/Than"

I have read mixed reviews, but Idina Menzel fans love seeing her in anything. FYI, if you want to search for reviews, the title is If/Then. One site for reading multiple reviews is www.didhelikeit.com.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
591 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The show"If/Than"

Show is good not great. Really loved seeing Idina and Anthony! All cast did a terrific job!

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The show"If/Than"

The critics gave it mixed reviews but you can read what they had to say here didhelikeit.com/shows/if-then-reviews.html

But I'd caution you that often the critics are a pretty jaded bunch and if you are, say, an Idina Menzel fan and you know you like the composers then that counts for a lot and the fact that the critics gave it mixed reviews may just meant that you're more likely to be able to find discounts!!! Read the reviews but don't necessarily let them discourage you if you really want to see it

Edited: 21 April 2014, 14:49
Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: The show"If/Than"

My wife saw it a couple of weeks ago, she is an Idina fan and really enjoyed the production.

As for critics - everyone has their own opinions - if you want to see it - go for it.

Poppa

new york
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The show"If/Than"

It did get mixed reviews. I really enjoyed it. Obviously it depends on what style of show a person likes. It is not a big spectacle. There are two paths that the main character takes and you do need to pay attention as to which path they are portraying (it goes back and forth). If you are expecting to see Elphaba, then you will be disappointed. It is a more intimate, character driven show.

Hudson Valley
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The show"If/Than"

I saw it because I love Idina Menzel (loved her in Rent and Wicked!) and it was definitely worth it to see her. Idina was fantastic and I liked the show, but understand why it got mixed reviews. I think there are shows that are overall better, but it is hard to top Idina.

7. Re: The show"If/Than"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 06:16