We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay for 1 night

Ahmedabad, India
6 posts
Save Topic
where to stay for 1 night

hello all,

Please guide me.I will be reaching jfk on 27th April at 14.30 and my departure is on next day 28th morning 9.00 am. Iam on business tour

1.Is there any facility in airport for sleeping and what could be the charges

2 if i have to go any where then how can i go

3 is there any facility in airport to keep luggage as i will be carrying 2 big bag.

Reply can help me a lot.so please guide me

Center Moriches...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay for 1 night

Lots of hotels near JFK. Saw one for $100 per night.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,771 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay for 1 night

1) There is no facility I'm aware of at the airport for sleeping other than a hotel. There are many hotels nearby. The Hampton Inn JFK is the best overall one imo. It includes breakfast and you can walk to the Courtyard which is next door and has a restaurant for dinner. They also will provide menus from local restaurants for delivery to your room.

2) If you want to go into Manhattan or somewhere else in Queens (where the airport is) you can get train connections. Your other option, since you arrive relatively early, is to stay at a hotel in Long Island City near a subway station. You're then closer to Manhattan and can easily go there for a look around and a meal. You can then either use a taxi, car service or train to get to/from the airport too. The Nesva hotel is $133 plus tax for that night compared to $169 plus tax for the Hampton Inn JFK. You could also easily stay in Manhattan if you wanted to. It takes about an hour to get from Manhattan to JFK. It just means getting up a bit earlier in the morning.

3)There is luggage storage at the airport at terminals 1, 4 and 8 but you will pay for it and if you're not leaving the following morning from one of those terminals, imo it's not worth the extra trouble to leave it there, especially if you're staying at a JFK hotel.

www.jfk-airport.net/luggage-storage.html

map

http://goo.gl/maps/FZmm4

Edited: 25 April 2014, 14:37
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,771 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay for 1 night

PS if you wanted to stay inexpensively in Manhattan near the train station, the New Yorker hotel is only $151 plus tax that night on websites like Travelocity and Expedia, but they are doing construction there.

http://goo.gl/maps/le9uy

4. Re: where to stay for 1 night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 06:16