We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So I understand New Yorkers feelings towards Walmart - But.

Methven, New Zealand
Level Contributor
87 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
So I understand New Yorkers feelings towards Walmart - But.

A google map search shows me that there is a bus from the Port Authority right to the carpark of Walmart Seacrest - and return. At the risk of offending - would this be right? A 19 Minute trip? and a bus available every 15minutes? And return?

1. Re: So I understand New Yorkers feelings towards Walmart - But.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 14:34
Methven, New Zealand
Level Contributor
87 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So I understand New Yorkers feelings towards Walmart - But.

sorry, autocorrected - secaucus

Orewa, New Zealand
Level Contributor
81 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So I understand New Yorkers feelings towards Walmart - But.

Hehe fellow Kiwi, I am also looking foward to visiting Walmart when I am in America - sounds like a fascinating yet disturbing place that cant be missed lol.

Methven, New Zealand
Level Contributor
87 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So I understand New Yorkers feelings towards Walmart - But.

hey yecart - yep I think its one of those things that makes us tourists lol - gotta be done :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
8,030 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So I understand New Yorkers feelings towards Walmart - But.

What is it you are going to get in Walmart that you can't get in NYC.Also, if you are going to Walmart then go to a Walmart supecenter which we have in the Midwest and the South. Going to Walmart in secaucus will be like goin to any other store. Might as well Check KMART or Target or Costco in the city.

Edited: 26 April 2014, 09:49
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
434 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: So I understand New Yorkers feelings towards Walmart - But.

We went to Walmart on our last trip. Thoroughly enjoyed it and my 13 yr old is demanding we go again (we went somewhere on the way to PA).

Flushing, New York
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So I understand New Yorkers feelings towards Walmart - But.

"Secaucus is a derivation of the Algonquian words for "black" (seke or sukit) and "snake" (achgook), or "place of snakes.." ---an appropriate location for Walmart.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,897 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: So I understand New Yorkers feelings towards Walmart - But.

"fascinating yet disturbing place"...

This made me laugh. I actually went to my very first Walmart while on vacation, too (Park City, Utah). I agree with drinkwater - it's just a store. Maybe more stuff than a KMart, etc. (Target has more of their "own" brands, and Costco is a different animal again). But it's big. I wouldn't worry about it not being a supercenter because as far as I can tell they just add a food market, which you might not care about being on vacation.

Knock yourself out.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: So I understand New Yorkers feelings towards Walmart - But.

Is there something you actually need to buy? Or are you just keen to see a Walmart? If it's the former, Kmart or other stores in NYC would probably do. If the latter, i don't know what to tell you. It's a giant store selling the same identical cheap crap as every other Walmart in America. I really can not see the appeal of visiting. Personally, the idea of getting on a bus, going to Secaucus, and shopping at Walmart sounds like the worst day out in NYC I could invent. More power to you if you want to I guess.

Shawn

http://nytourguy.blogspot.com/

http://instagram.com/nytourguy

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: So I understand New Yorkers feelings towards Walmart - But.

I need to come out of lurkdom for this, lol. Manhattan is beyond amazing, which you may or may not already realize. No matter how much time is spent there, it's never enough (for me, anyway). To take precious time away from it....to go to Secaucus....to go to Wal-Mart....please rethink this. Of course the choice is ultimately your's, but there's no reward, no magical purchase you can't get in New York. As somebody said, Wal-Mart can be done almost anywhere in the US.