We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC pubs/Restaurants on nye 2015

Sydney
Level Contributor
46 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
NYC pubs/Restaurants on nye 2015

Hi guys,

I'm traveling to NYC in December this year. After reading so many posts, and doing some research of my own i don't think I'm that keen on being right in the heart of times square on NYE. I contacted the Marriott Marquis which has a view of the ball drop and its $3500 each which is crazy, im not spending that much!

I've read so many good and bad reviews about different places, i would just prefer to be in a nice warm pub with my partner watching from the television.

My hotel is located close to the Rockefeller centre, so my question is are there any nice pubs / or restaurants close by that would be worth going to for NYE? im not to concerned about price (you only live once). Also if you know any other places other than times square to spend NYE? the help would be appreciated

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,063 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC pubs/Restaurants on nye 2015

Rockefeller Center is not that far from Times Square. I don't know which of the pubs/restaurants in the area do what for NYE but you can identify them on

menupages.com

by looking in midtown west and picking Irish food. ;)

menupages.com/restaurants/…

I know many people have gone to Rosy O'Grady's. Langan's and St. Andrew's are worth considering too.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC pubs/Restaurants on nye 2015

There are a million restaurants and bars in that area. What's your maximum price range per person including drinks tax and tip?

Sydney
Level Contributor
46 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC pubs/Restaurants on nye 2015

Thanks for the suggestions NYwhiz, I'll definately check out those pubs!

Sydney
Level Contributor
46 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NYC pubs/Restaurants on nye 2015

Thanks for helping Platna... Mm my max price is no more than around $800 for both my partner and I.

Sydney
Level Contributor
46 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NYC pubs/Restaurants on nye 2015

Thanks for helping Platna... Mm my max price is no more than around $800 for both my partner and I.

I've see Hurley's Irish pub advertise a nye package.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NYC pubs/Restaurants on nye 2015

Kegz_80, I'm looking for the same thing. Not too interested in standing outside for 8 hours with no drinks and toilets. Ive heard Bubba Gumps is good, but is around $550 a head… EEK

Sydney
Level Contributor
46 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NYC pubs/Restaurants on nye 2015

Hi Teeks , yeah I already contacted them and I'm on their list, they only have a couple of hundred tickets to give out so I think it's a like a lottery! They don't contact anyone till late in the year! I also contacted the Hard Rock Cafe but they are fully booked out for a private function!

I haven't tried Olive Garden yet.

I'm thinking I'd prefer to go somewhere that's a little less crazy, I know it's going to to crazy everywhere but maybe somewhere from 48th street and up!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NYC pubs/Restaurants on nye 2015

Yep Im on their list too! i agree, I'd much rather spend $1000 on shopping than a fancy restaurant or bar on nye lol.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NYC pubs/Restaurants on nye 2015

TGI Fridays looks OK, but Im waiting to see if they have Ball drop views like previous years at TGIF

Sydney
Level Contributor
46 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NYC pubs/Restaurants on nye 2015

From what I've read from previous posts TGI Fridays has moved and there isn't a ball drop view at their new location . AMC on 42nd street has a live view of the ball drop but it's a side view from the roof top! I saw an Aussie family post their photos! But I've heard mixed reviews about AMC!

It's so hard isn't it, you want to have the best experiences and book the best holiday but nothing is guaranteed! My partner is leaving me to organise everything and it's pretty hard to make choices when you hear so many different reviews!