We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from JFK to E37th & Lexington

UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from JFK to E37th & Lexington

Hello

We are travelling to NYC and trying to figure out the best way to get into the city. We are staying at the Affinia Shelburne on E37th & Lexington.

From reading other postsit sounds as thought the airtrain and then the subway is best, just wondering if anyone knows the exact route to get us to the closest subway station to our hotel and could tell me as I'm finding it all a bit confusing!

Thanks so much!

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from JFK to E37th & Lexington

hi! this site is brilliant. just enter the details, and it works it out for you.

https://www.hopstop.com/

i think you want airtrain to 'A' train to 42nd st, then shuttle to grand central station, but i may be mistaken. if you go the other way [airtrain/jamaica/J/6] do be aware - the interchange twixt J and 6 is above ground, walk a block, and the line is very deep with long escalators.

Edited: 28 April 2014, 18:51
Center Moriches...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from JFK to E37th & Lexington

Use Airtrain from JFK to Jamaica. Pay when you exit. Attendants are there to answer questions. You can buy subway pass here. Then, take E train, subway, from Jamaica Station to Lexington Ave. transfer to Lexington Avenue Line. Take downtown 6 train to 42nd St. Walk to hotel on Lexington.

Edited: 28 April 2014, 20:12
New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from JFK to E37th & Lexington

JFK AirTrain in the direction of Jamaica.

Fare control is handled at Jamaica. Uniformed people are there to help.

Follow the well-marked signage to the Manhattan bound E train in the direction of World Trade Center. Get off the E train at 23rd / Court Square and follow the well-marked signage to the Manhattan bound 7 train in the direction of Times Square. Get off at Grand Central and walk down Lexington Avenue to 37th.

Very easy / well-marked / safe and fast.

UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from JFK to E37th & Lexington

Thank you so much, this is really helpful!

5. Re: Travel from JFK to E37th & Lexington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 06:15