We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Professional Hair Straightening...

Blue Haven...
Level Contributor
221 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Professional Hair Straightening...

Hi Guys, this is a question on behalf of our 13 year old who will be travelling with us in October this year to NYC, she loves to have her hair straightened at home, with her own hair straightener, and her mother has requested I ask the question on here about the possibility of us getting it done for her in a semi permanent/permanent way whilst we are in NYC, sorry guys I'm a bit clueless about this sort of thing but I have fulfilled my part of the bargain and asked you all the question...lol

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Professional Hair Straightening...

Many of the salons in Koreatown and Chinatown do straight perm for a good price without having to look for special deals (eg Lifebooker, Groupon etc). There is also Brazilian keratin treatment that won't give that pin straight look but still easy to manage. Will take about 2-3hours depending on length of hair and lasts several months.

Whitby, Ontario
Level Contributor
156 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Professional Hair Straightening...

Many of the keratin hair treatments contain formaldehyde. You may want to educate yourself before deciding if you want your daughter to get the treatment. Just a heads up!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,374 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Professional Hair Straightening...

Pravana Perfection Smooth Out is formaldehyde free:

pravana.com/salon_services/permanent-smoothi…

I know you can get it at this salon by Gramercy Park:

http://jrparlor.com/Pravana.html

4. Re: Professional Hair Straightening...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 06:16