We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SOL Crown Tickets

3 posts
Save Topic
SOL Crown Tickets

Hi All,

First post so please be kind!

I have just decided on a whim to go to NY End of July - Start of August.

The question I have is, the SOL Crown tickets are all sold out for the whole time I am there.

I missed out on the SOL the last time I was in NY as it was closed.

Is there anywhere else I could tickets?

Do they sell any crown tickets to "walk up customers" on the day?

All the best,

J.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,598 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: SOL Crown Tickets

No and no. You can keep an eye on the website for cancellations, but that's it. There's no other place to get them, and they all sell out in advance.

England
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SOL Crown Tickets

Hi Jay, I think there is a problem with the system as it shows no availability at all for May, June and July.

I would give them a call or email or try again tomorrow.

The last time I looked there were still tickets available on several days ago and I doybt every single day is sold out ;-)

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,287 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SOL Crown Tickets

I had crown access tickets just last week and enjoyed the climb but it was very hot in there and we're only in April! For me, it would be way too hot and stuffy in July/August.

If you can't get crown access, pedestal access gives an interesting view and there's a glass ceiling panel, allowing you to look up, inside the statue.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,598 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: SOL Crown Tickets

It would not surprise me at all to find that all days for the next few months are sold out. We're heading into summer tourist season.

The website has a chat feature, if you're not sure, I'd suggest using it and asking them.

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: SOL Crown Tickets

Perfect thank you to all who replied.

I have a feeling that they are all sold out as there was one 8am slot available a few days ago on the 3rd of August but it is gone now leading me to belive that they are all booked up.

There is still pedastal access so I may just settle for that.

Thanks again.

Boston
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SOL Crown Tickets

Keep checking the Statue Cruises website repeatedly, very repeatedly, as times and dates do open. For instance, as of 1024am today, they had a July 12 crown and then nothing till Aug 4. I waited a minute and they had July 12 then an opening on August 2. It changes often at times, same thing for pedestal when I was looking last week. Meant to add that last week when I looked at crown they had nothing til last days of July so it all changes quickly.

Edited: 30 April 2014, 15:29
Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SOL Crown Tickets

Keep checking back once in a while.

But if you don't find any don't see it as if you have to settle for pedestal tickets. I know that the fact to say I was inside the crown is nice, but the experience is not.

6 years ago I did climb to the pedestal in early September during the morning and felt awful for the rest of the day. I am in shape so is not an issue of health condition, but it was extremely hot in there I almost passed out. My friend too felt a bit sick. And on our way out we saw a couple of girls and an old guy getting medical assistance so we knew we were not the only ones. The climb is not that bad, is just the conditions what it is not right. Dunno if they did something about during the last years to ventilate that area. And from the top you don't get to see much. It is a small place and can get crowded. You don't see beyond liberty island since the windows face down, not front.

I definitely won't do it again and don't feel sorry for people who don't get to do it.

Ipswich
Level Contributor
14 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SOL Crown Tickets

I did crown in march thought it was going to be amazing but after doing it I wouldn't recommend crown it's not worth the long trek and very narrow staircase coming down

England
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SOL Crown Tickets

JayM there is tickets available again on 4/5/6th August- get on booking ;-)

Malinta OH
Level Contributor
49 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SOL Crown Tickets

I booked tickets for a July visit, the online page showed they were booked but upon calling, I was able to secure tickets for the exact time and day I wanted them, so I would call and see if they have them available.