We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

21st birthday meal

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
21st birthday meal

Hi I am traveling to New York for my 21st birthday with my parents and I am looking for a great restaurant where we can dress up a little for the night of my birthday. We don't really have a budget but would like either an Italian or American style restaurant which serves cocktails. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Center Moriches...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 21st birthday meal

Where are you staying, and when are you coming? Both could influence recommendations.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,749 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 21st birthday meal

This might fit the bill if budget is not an issue - spectacular views of Manhattan:

http://therivercafe.com

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 21st birthday meal

Hi we will be in town the end of July and we are staying in the comfort inn manhatton.

Thanks

Center Moriches...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 21st birthday meal

You could try Scarpetta.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,149 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 21st birthday meal

If you really don't have a budget, take a look at Eleven Madison Park. It's a Michelin 3-star restaurant and expensive, but their tasting menu has a fun NYC theme.

Bit less expensive, take a look at Gramercy Tavern and NoMad, both 1-star, both also "American" food.

Happy Birthday!

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 21st birthday meal

Thank you everyone for the suggests they are great. :)

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
12,924 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 21st birthday meal

Bar Americain 52nd between 6th & 7th. Owned by Bobby Flay in case anyone in your party is into Food Network.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,149 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 21st birthday meal

^^ The Bobby Flay restaurant that's really starting to get a lot of positive attention is his brand new one, Gato - you might want to check it out!

If my above recommendations (post #5) are more formal/expensive than what you seek, you might want to take a look at ABC Kitchen as well.

Keep in mind that many of these restaurants require you to make a reservation a full month in advance, so mark the date in your calendar! :)

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 21st birthday meal

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions I'm showing my parents the options. :)

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,496 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 21st birthday meal

+1 Gato. That's where Flay is cooking at the moment. Don't miss the scrambled eggs