We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for a Boston, New York, and D.C. trip?

1 post
Save Topic
Advice for a Boston, New York, and D.C. trip?

I'm planning a trip to Boston, New York and Washington D.C. this summer. I'll be flying to Boston and arriving in the morning on day 1. I'll be there two whole days and leave on day 3 on the morning via train to New York; staying there for two days as well. I'll leave New York on day 5 in the morning via train to D.C.. From there, I will be flying out on day 7 in the morning. What sort of things should I plan to see? I'll be staying in the respective Hostelling International hostels to save money and I'd love to go to museums and historical sites. I fell in love with Boston and have wanted to go to the East Coast since I was 12. I want to make this very memorable but I am on a budget. Any advice? I also have one extra day and I'm not sure which city to spend it in.

Edited: 02 May 2014, 20:32
New York City
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for a Boston, New York, and D.C. trip?

2 Days in Boston, 2 Days in NYC and 2 Days in Wash DC is too little. You need more time in all cities. You cannot see NY or Wash DC in 2 Days and I doubt you can see Boston in 2 days either (Ive been to most locations in Boston, but not on one trip)

New York City
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for a Boston, New York, and D.C. trip?

Most of the attractions in Wash DC are Free. And IMO the #1 attraction in Boston is Fenway Park. if you dont go to a game there its not worth visting Boston. The Freedom trail is also mostly free , but you need to go to Fenway

Edited: 02 May 2014, 21:12
Center Moriches...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for a Boston, New York, and D.C. trip?

Extra day? NY, NY. American Museum of Natural History, the Met, the Frick, Guggenheim all on Central Park. Staten Island Ferry with views of lower Manhattan, and the Statue of Liberty. Free. World Trade Center Memorial free. Wall Street, Trinity Church, City Hall, Brooklyn Bridge - free, free, free, and free.

4. Re: Advice for a Boston, New York, and D.C. trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 06:16