We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timing question - how long to get to LGA from Times Square

Cornwall
Level Contributor
63 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Timing question - how long to get to LGA from Times Square

Seven days until our short 4 night break in New York which is really exciting but I also have to think about my plans for leaving!! We are flying in to JFK and plan to take yellow cab to our hotel near Times Square (Broadway at Times Square 129 46W). When we leave we are flying out of LGA to Tampa to continue our holiday. Our flight is 11.00 on Thursday and am just wondering how long should I allow to get to the airport. My thoughts are that a cab at 08.00 should be OK - does that sound sensible?

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,655 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timing question - how long to get to LGA from Times Square

In the morning rush I think it will be quicker with the subway and express bus from the subway to LGA.

You'd take a train to 74th/Roosevelt and then the Q70 bus nonstop to LGA.

You say you're in Times Square. Depending on exactly where, you can take an uptown E on 8th Avenue, and uptown R on 7th Avenue/Broadway or an uptown F or M on 6th Avenue. All will go to 74th/Roosevelt, where you'd get the Q 70 bus. The subway and bus will both be included in any Metrocard you purchase.

Although the trains will be crowded for a stop or two, after that they should be much less crowded as they'll be leaving Manhattan.

Parker, Colorado
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Timing question - how long to get to LGA from Times Square

Same question! We leave Monday 5pm... Reserved a car at 2:30 PM. Sound about right ?

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timing question - how long to get to LGA from Times Square

Traffic getting out of Manhattan can be very unpredictable. Subway to 74th St. / Jackson Heights for the fast / frequent Q.70 bus directly into the airport is fastest and most reliable (and it is only $2.50 per person or totally free if using an unlimited ride MetroCard)

4. Re: Timing question - how long to get to LGA from Times Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 06:17