We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with good location.

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with good location.

Hello!

Im going to NY in June and I'm looking for a nice hotel, nothing luxury, but comfortable (for example one time I stayed at the Holiday Inn 5th Ave and it worked perfect for me, but now I'm trying to get something cheaper).

My budget is $280 (more or less) top per night. And as I said I'm not looking for nothing fancy, just good location and a room with good a/c.

I was doing some searching and came with 2 options that I think could work: "Hilton Time Square" and "Garden Inn NY", but I'm open to suggestions.

Can you recommended any hotel?

Thank you in advance!

Seattle
Level Contributor
609 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with good location.

The hotel experts will need exact dates in order to give you help. Prices fluctuate dramatically depending on date.

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with good location.

Ops, sorry!

I'm going June 18th till June 22th.

Thank you!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,431 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with good location.

A good location is one near what you plan to do or anythng near a subway station. Do you know what you'll do? "Typical tourist sites" which is what most people say, are spread out. There are now at least a half dozen Hilton Garden Inns if not more. Taxes add ~15% to prices.

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with good location.

For me good location is near a subway as you said, and near Times Square as this is my favorite area in NYC.

I think I'll stick with the Hilton Times Square, it looks nice, bathrooms looks clean and rooms comfortable.

Do you guys think this is a good option?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,054 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with good location.

Hi,

You stated that your budget was USD$280/night maximum. Where are you looking at the rates for Hilton Times Square? 18th June to 22nd June (4nights) correct?

I've just looked at a handful of sites, including the hotel's own site, Booking,com, Expedia and the *Tax Inclusive* rates vary from $369-$380, which is nowhere near your budget of $280/night.

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with good location.

Hi!

Idont know why but the other day in the hotel's own site they gave me a rate of 260+taxes, for a total of almost 900 for three nights. I checked again now when I read your message and tonight it's more expensive!!!

:(

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,431 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with good location.

If you're on your own, the Cassa hotel has a room with double bed for $249/night plus tax on several sites (travelocity, hotels.com). It's near the Holiday Inn you used before.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,910 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with good location.

It's possible that you didn't enter your dates correctly when you looked at prices the first time. That's easy to do, especially if you don't realize how much hotel prices fluctuate from one day to the next.

Look at Candlewood Suites Times Square. On their own website they have a studio suite with kitchenette and queen bed for $254 + tax.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel with good location.

Intercontinental Barclay

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,096 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel with good location.

A couple suggestions for nice places in your budget are-

"One UN" a hotel with good views and a pool- has 20% off if you click the Book now and save up to 20% offer at the top of their page-

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d209382-…

King & Grove also has 20% off-

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d125274-…

Happy Planning & Have fun!

Edited: 08 May 2014, 04:12