We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How reliable is Jet Blue airlines?

South Africa
Level Contributor
406 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
How reliable is Jet Blue airlines?

I am busy with our itinerary for our trip to New York and Orlando. I can book a flight on Jet Blue for 6hoo am leaving Orlando, arriving at JFK at 8h30am and our flight to SA is at 11h20. Is this to risky?

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Bettembourg...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How reliable is Jet Blue airlines?

Go for it! Very reputable and safe.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How reliable is Jet Blue airlines?

Same airport(vs EWR)?

If yes, then you should be ok.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
8,269 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How reliable is Jet Blue airlines?

one of the best airlines around !!!!

South Africa
Level Contributor
406 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How reliable is Jet Blue airlines?

Awesome thanks. I just don't have the energy after 2 days of traveling, to touch down and fly to Orlando, first, we want to do New York, while we don't have that much luggage.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
12,718 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How reliable is Jet Blue airlines?

Can you book this as on a single ticket? If so, your bags will be automatically moved from the JetBlue flight to your departing flight from JFK. If not, you'll need to claim your bags and recheck them for your international flight. I'm not sure you have enough time in the latter case.

JetBlue is reliable but you never know about delays. If these are two separate tickets then the airline you're flying back to SA on would have no responsibility if you missed your flight. If the flights are booked as a single itinerary then the airline from JFK to SA would have to accommodate you on the next flight with available seats.

Mentioned in this post
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,378 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How reliable is Jet Blue airlines?

For separate tickets? Yes, it's too risky. Can you afford to buy a new ticket to South Africa? If not, then you can't afford to risk a rain storm or mechanical issue with the plane.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
29,436 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How reliable is Jet Blue airlines?

JetBlue is one of the best low fair airlines fly them all the time.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,631 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How reliable is Jet Blue airlines?

Jet Blue is good. You can also click on their website to find the on time record of a particular flight.

NYC
Level Contributor
46 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How reliable is Jet Blue airlines?

Yes this is too risky. Jet Blue is fine. JFK is notorious for delays. You will have to collect your bags, change terminals, recheck your bags, and then wait in the very long security lines at JFK. Can it be done, yes. But with this itinerary you have zero room for delays. Unless as others have said this is on one ticket but I don't think jet blue would be in network with an international carrier such that you can buy one ticket.

Mentioned in this post
NYC
Level Contributor
46 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How reliable is Jet Blue airlines?

Yes this is too risky. Jet Blue is fine. JFK is notorious for delays. You will have to collect your bags, change terminals, recheck your bags, and then wait in the very long security lines at JFK. Can it be done, yes. But with this itinerary you have zero room for delays. Unless as others have said this is on one ticket but I don't think jet blue would be in network with an international carrier such that you can buy one ticket.

Mentioned in this post