We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New york- accommodation preferably self contained recommend

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
New york- accommodation preferably self contained recommend

Looking to stay near central park2nd dec-13th dec for 2 people however would prefer something with 2 rooms & kitchenette. any recommendations

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,115 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
999 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,388 reviews
from US$36.00*
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
11,665 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New york- accommodation preferably self contained recommend

One option is the Hotel Beacon, 2 long blocks from Central Park.

Make sure you only consider apartment style hotels. Renting an apartment in NYC for less than 30 days is almost always ILLEGAL.

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New york- accommodation preferably self contained recommend

Unfortunately I didn't know this until I came on here a couple days ago and had already booked something on. Flipkey I am in process of trying to cancel that but finding accommodation in apartment style hotel is proving to not be fun!

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New york- accommodation preferably self contained recommend

972 - Renting an apartment for less than 30 days in NYC is almost always illegal.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c147344/New-Yo…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k6575671…

I'm sure by morning you'll get recommendations for apartment style hotels.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,955 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New york- accommodation preferably self contained recommend

By 2 rooms do you mean 2 bedrooms or a bedroom and sitting room. Central Park is HUGE so there are places in different areas that are "near Central Park."

radiocityapartments.com

nycsalisbury.com

are budget options near the south end of Central Park and both have 1 and 2 bedroom suites. (For the Salisbury you have to contact them for the 2 bedroom suites).

blakelyhotelny.com

is a nicer option near the south end of the park.

beaconhotel.com

milburnhotel.com

on the upper west side are futther north but still near the park. The Beacon is nicer but the Milburn is fine.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New york- accommodation preferably self contained recommend

I've stayed at Radio City Apartments (legal) and highly recommend it. 10 min walk or 2 subway stops to the SE corner of Central Park.

Affina Hotels is another chain that is recommended a lot for apartment style hotels. They have a few different locations around Manhattan.

6. Re: New york- accommodation preferably self contained recommend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 06:17