We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newark to Penn Station

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Newark to Penn Station

I am travelling to New York arriving on Sat and want to know know the best way to get to Penn Station in New York from Newark Airport. I want to get the train but i know there is Airtrain suspension. How do i get around this? Where do i purchase ticket etc?

Mentioned in this post
Newark
Newark
New Jersey
Scotland
Level Contributor
243 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newark to Penn Station

Hi - we've been discussing this subject since finding out about the airtrain closure for repairs. It's been closed less than a week so no one has reported back as yet as to how they found the whole experience and what route they ended up taking. I'll be arriving at the end of the month so I will probably take the airport temporary shuttle bus to Newark Penn Station then get the NJ Transit train to Penn Station, New York. I think the ticket price for the temp shuttle bus/NJ Transit will be the same as if using the airtrain/NJ Transit combo which is $12.50 but as yet no one has confirmed this.

Here's the link:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k73533…

Mentioned in this post
Newark Penn Station
Newark Penn Station
65 Reviews
Newark, NJ
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newark to Penn Station

Many Thanks for your help. My thoughts were the same as yours but the sites are so confusing. Will try what you suggest & i'm sure there will be people around to help if i get lost.

Scotland
Level Contributor
243 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newark to Penn Station

Good luck! Please let us know how you get on in whatever way you decide to take as it will be helpful to everyone who will be doing this route soon. I think some may prefer to take a cab or car service but this could mean sitting in traffic for ages because of the Pulaski Skyway being closed as well (never rains but it pours).

I found this on upon searching Newark Airport website which gives FAQs about the airtrain closure so may be of some help, but you have probably found it already :o)

panynj.gov/airports/pdf/PANYNJ-AirTrain-EWR-…

Mentioned in this post
Newark
Newark
New Jersey
4. Re: Newark to Penn Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 06:17