We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No More Sleeps!

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
905 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
No More Sleeps!

well, apart from the two overnight flights via Hawaii...

Flying out tonight around midnight and touch down at JFK 23 hours later, staying at Hampton Inn TS North. I agonised over hotels for ages, asked a couple of questions (thanks to all who helped), but decided to stick with the original one I booked. Partly, mostly, this was because Mrs McN was getting sick of me asking her questions...

We only have a vague itinerary at this stage - quite a few things we want to do and will group together where logical, but I didn't want an hour by hour plan as the weather in May looked decidedly inclement. Looks like there is rain around while we are there, so will fit in the outdoor activities where weather permits and go shopping when it doesn't!

More thanks to all who contribute to this fine forum, I have done LOTS of reading, love the trip reports, and will try and get one together. Luckily I didn't ask about short term rentals, that is about as bad here as saying Disneyland is in Los Angeles on the LA or Anaheim forums (the other ones I frequent!).

See you in NYC!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
8,155 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No More Sleeps!

Welcome to NYC..... Have a great one here :)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No More Sleeps!

Enjoy! Four more sleeps to go for me :)

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No More Sleeps!

Lucky you! Have a fantastic trip and I hope we get to hear about it when you're back.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
684 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No More Sleeps!

Have an absolute fab time, look forward to hearing all about it on your return x

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No More Sleeps!

have a lovely trip. i leave on the 1st of june but am currently in Auckland for work. You live in a lovely part of the world. enjoy NYC and let us know what you did.

Scotland
Level Contributor
241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No More Sleeps!

Have wonderful time - looking forward to hearing all about it :o)

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
905 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No More Sleeps!

Here now!!!

Long trip, but this place is amazing. Having a coffee at Paris baguette (ranked #2 near me on yelp, #1 was too far...) watching people and traffic on 7th.

Thinking of a HoHo, any recommendations or ones to avoid?

8. Re: No More Sleeps!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 05:17