We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italian and steakhouse recommendations

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Italian and steakhouse recommendations

Can anyone recommend an excellent Italian restaurant and an excellent steakhouse? Staying at 7th Ave & 53rd St. We are willing to cab or subway, but would like a reasonable distance to the restaurants. Looking for excellence in taste, service, ambiance, wine selection. We want to dine tomorrow night and Saturday night. Looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks so much!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,352 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Italian and steakhouse recommendations

Look at Basso56 for something near your hotel.

Wrexham, North Wales
Level Contributor
912 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italian and steakhouse recommendations

Another vote for Basso 56 - had new years eve dinner here, it was AMAZING, food, service, atmosphere. Perfect. http://www.basso56.com/

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
881 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Italian and steakhouse recommendations

Steakhouses in the area: Del Frisco's, Strip House, Palm

Italian: Marea, Felidia, A Fiori

Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
965 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Italian and steakhouse recommendations

I ate at Del Frisco's 2 weeks ago for dinner. The food was wonderful and the wait staff were fantastic!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,812 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Italian and steakhouse recommendations

Capital Grille is quite close to your hotel and a steakhouse I often recommend for their great value pre theater dinner. It's $39 for 3 courses but you have to eat early (I think you must sit by 6:30). I think it's nicer with better food and service than Del Friscos, but I wouldn't pick either if you're not going to the theater or a concert. If your meal is going to be the centerpiece of your evening, for steak I'd go to Quality Meats which is also close, or..... Marea is an upscale Italian on Central Park South but have an outstanding steak for two. Or head to Costata in Soho for a great steak for two.

For Italian, I do like Basso56 very much and it's convenient for you, but it doesn't make most top 10 lists for Italian in NYC. Marea is often mentioned although it's quite expensive. What kind of Italian are you looking for? (ie red sauce southern, northern or ???)

Leven Fife
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Italian and steakhouse recommendations

Hi,

I will be celebrating my 40th in New York in late August, I would love to get tickets for the US open, how easy is it to get them? I have tickets booked for Les Mis on the Saturday night at the Imperial Theatre any restaurant recommendation ideas would be fab looking for something a bit special.

Really can't wait this will be my first trip to New York

Leven Fife
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Italian and steakhouse recommendations

Oops sorry CaperJR I meant to start a new thread doh!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Italian and steakhouse recommendations

If you want both, Bond 45 is an Italian steakhouse on 45th just east of 7th.

http://www.bond45.com/newyork/menu

It has good food both Italian & steak.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Italian and steakhouse recommendations

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions! I look forward to checking out a couple of them!

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,165 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Italian and steakhouse recommendations

Lincoln ristorante and Marea near you are some of the best in town. If budget allows. Both open for lunch as well (more affordable). You can get a great steak at Marea as well, or look at Quality Meats