We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 hotels to pick from

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
3 hotels to pick from

Flying into LaGuardia on sat, staying until Monday and have 3 hotels to pick from and need some input which would be the best pick, they are all in the same price range and we will be travelling to different areas of the city. The choices are Fitzpatrick Grand Central, Night Hotel and the Staybridge Suites.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,501 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 hotels to pick from

I'd pick none but of the 3, Staybridge is newest and would be my first choice. Fitzpatrick second. Note that there are two Night hotels, one on 47th st. which doesn't get very good reviews

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d75737-R…

and another on 45th st. which is better.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d75737-R… and they get very different reviews. Is it this Sat.?

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 hotels to pick from

based on reviews and location, I'd pick theStaybridge Suites. ....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 hotels to pick from

Thanks for the update, the TimeHotel is on 45st, what hotels would you recommend if not these choices, it is this weekend Sat - Mon that I am in the city.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 hotels to pick from

With a second thought, it appears there are lots of hotels available, would I be best to use priceline or hotwire and pick a 5 star or do the stars mean very much as I see some with 3 star that have great write-up. Thanks for any input. I was looking for a newer hotel or one that had recent renovations with a price of $150. - $200.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,501 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 hotels to pick from

Looked on

kayak.com

for prices

Hyatt Times Square is brand new ~$220/night plus tax

Hyatt 48 also new $197/night plus tax on Orbitz

Affinia 50

Wydham Garden Chinatown

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square

Hampton Inn Times Square North

If you like any of the Hilton family hotels you can try using the MVP discount code poster basingstoke has mentioned if you join (for free online) Hilton Honors. For Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn hotels use N0041604

For Hampton Inn or Doubletree hotels use 0560041604. Doesn't always work but it should for this weekend.

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 hotels to pick from

The codes mentioned should be entered into the corporate account box at each hotel website.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 hotels to pick from

Hi

I have taken the advice from nywhiz and several other posters and booked the new HGI opening in August.I have booked it through Expedia and the trip is December.

My question is regarding these discount codes because after checking on the Hilton website I could make a saving of around $170.

Are they available for anyone to use and will any proof of elegibility be asked for at the hotel ? I have googled MVP and am still unsure of the use of the discount codes. Also would it be ok to cancel my booking with Expedia and re-book direct with Hilton,I do have a free cancellation.

Thank you

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,501 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 hotels to pick from

You must be a member of Hilton Honors which you can join online. Other than that, basingstokecambridge has said no other eligibility is required.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 hotels to pick from

Missed the deadline for cancellation of time hotel (Agoda) and there are other places lower, does that mean I have no other option other than lose my cancellation cost?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,501 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 hotels to pick from

You never said you'd booked something. We have no idea what the deal is you booked.